What's new

WE have a new winner!

OK, time for a B&B intervention here....

You have suitcases full of TIs, LeGrelots, etc, and yet it seems like you buy more than your share of Sweeney Todd replica razors, and such atrocities as the razor here in this thread.

Seek help, my friend.

:tongue_sm
I have to proudly report that I have not bought any razors in 2 months. The French flea market hunters who use to peddle their Le Grelots to me must be wondering what happened.

As for this, well it is precisely because of all those Le Grelots I have that I bought one of those. The Le Grelots come with horrible original plastic scales (I have only seen 2 exceptions out of the hundreds I have seen, one in metal and one in Rosewood).
I am not good at making scales, so I thought I'd steal those.

By the way, how are those TIs coming along?

Lots of experts around here but nobody understood it's just a butter knife 😄😄😄😄😄😄
I think this could cure my RAD !

Seraphim, remember that GD wanna be that you gave me advice on how to hone? Well it was v.2 of this fellow. Shape of the blade is the same and scales are exactly the same. That heel was changed significantly to be more in line with the standard GD. BTW, for the guy that mentioned salvaging the scales, I bought mine just for that purpose and found the pin to be flush so it had to be drilled and then after removal, the pin was a 3 gauge instead of the standard 0 so the scales needed as much work as the blade. Sometimes a $5 razor ain't worth the effort.

The absolute WORST heel grind ever on a straight razor!

Move over Maestro Livi...

Move over Gold Dollar!

Here is the new, undisputed heavyweight champion of the wooooorld!

proxy.php

proxy.php

You will need more than simply a dremel or a bench grinder!

You are gonna need a jackhammer and some dynamite to blast through THAT heel!

And for those who think a roundpoint is always forgiving, take a look at that tip on this razor. That thing will bleed you out as easy as a spike.

Top Bottom