What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

These are my watches. Nothing fancy. I don't have the cash for that, and even if I did, I'm leery of wearing anything on my person that might be worth killing me to steal, so I limit my watch purchases to $100 or less.
$100_1764.JPG

From left to right: Plain old everyday G-Shock. Great watch, IMHO. Though I'm not fond of digitals, the quality of the G-Shock is enough to own at least one of them.
Armitron 20/4664BLSV. For price vs value, Armitron and Casio are my go tos. I've never owned a bad one, beat the living tar out of them, and never had a problem. All stainless, water resist to 165ft. Further than I'll ever go.
Casio MTP 3050. Same specs as the Armitron, and on sale for $33 at Wallyworld. A no-brainer, and my everyday wear.
The cheap digital is an Armitron All-Sport. I wear it anytime I think I'm going to be doing any rough or heavy work that might damage one of my other watches. $20. Cheap enough to replace.
The pocket watch is an old A.W. Waltham Co. watch. Has a Railroad case. It runs, but it loses time, so I need to send it to my watch smith. Knowing my Father in law, whose it was, he probably never had it cleaned since the day he purchased it. It is a family heirloom, and precious in that light.
All of these watches do their job, and look good on my arm. In high powered boardrooms, business or among other places where a man's watch makes a statement about him, they probably fall short. But I don't run in those circles.
Keep posting your beautiful watches, whatever the price. They are all lovely, and I'm enjoying them!

Just back from a vacay. IWC Big Ingenieur Chrono DFB on bracelet, flanked by shades and a negroni at Banyan Tree, Koh Samui. This, gentlemen, is heaven.

$banyan tree samui.jpg

IWC today, sporting its newly installed band after the ancient lizard, that it's worn for the years I've had it, just "grenaded" abruptly a few weeks back. Not much may be told about it in the photo but it's a "grenouille veritable" band ... genuine frog.

proxy.php

Sure would give out some "likes" on the other watches on this page. Good stuff!

Top Bottom