What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Black Citizen Promaster on Shark. The Shark band kind of irritates me because it is longer than I need even though I followed their measurement directions. I would put it back on the original bracelet, but, two pins fall out during wear when I do. So far I have caught it every time it has happened, but, I am in no rush to try it again. Eventually I might get a black beads of rice bracelet from strapcode. I’m pretty sure it would fit and look sharp.
IMG_1241.jpeg

Black Citizen Promaster on Shark. The Shark band kind of irritates me because it is longer than I need even though I followed their measurement directions. I would put it back on the original bracelet, but, two pins fall out during wear when I do. So far I have caught it every time it has happened, but, I am in no rush to try it again. Eventually I might get a black beads of rice bracelet from strapcode. I’m pretty sure it would fit and look sharp.
View attachment 1836605
My skinny old wrists are finicky with bands. 7 1/4 too tight 7 1/2 looser than I want. So I go with leather. Of course the rubber band on my Casio diver works as well, and the expandable on my late brothers Josephs.

My skinny old wrists are finicky with bands. 7 1/4 too tight 7 1/2 looser than I want. So I go with leather. Of course the rubber band on my Casio diver works as well, and the expandable on my late brothers Josephs.
I'm a larger guy so 7.5 is usually perfect. It is what all my other bracelets measure. The best fitting being my newest Promaster Tough which Citizen sized for me before shipment. This is the only band I have a problem with the fit. I haven't measured it, but, I am pretty sure the guy on Etsy I bought it from was from China and he didn't really understand me when I told him about the fit issue. It didn't seem worth the hassle of sending back. I like the looks of it, but, I lust over that black beads of rice bracelet from Strapcode.

I got this Orient Mako II from that auction site. I like it though it does run a little fast. Still I think about upgrading to a Kamisu. I have acquired a few watches in the last few months, and, I am noticing that some of the Eco-Drive watches as well as my Seiko dress Solar are losing time and have the second hands seem to move erratically. I have not looked into what that will take to remedy. I have my solar watches in a glass topped case and have them in direct sunlight with the case open in the hope that will help. I’ll keep thinking about that Kamisu. Besides I have six automatics and five winders.

IMG_1244.jpeg

I got this Orient Mako II from that auction site. I like it though it does run a little fast. Still I think about upgrading to a Kamisu. I have acquired a few watches in the last few months, and, I am noticing that some of the Eco-Drive watches as well as my Seiko dress Solar are losing time and have the second hands seem to move erratically. I have not looked into what that will take to remedy. I have my solar watches in a glass topped case and have them in direct sunlight with the case open in the hope that will help. I’ll keep thinking about that Kamisu. Besides I have six automatics and five winders.

View attachment 1837260
And then thre are Seiko divers!

That is usually a sign that they need charging. They do make LED solar watch chargers now. They might not be getting enough light, or they need the capacitor replaced.
I have the Coolfire solar watch charger. I was afraid of over heating but it doesnt heat up as much as having them in a window on a sunny day. Ive left my Citizens on for an hour and they get just a little warm.

Top Bottom