What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

veteransDayWatchIMG_0840.JPG

My beat Up Gen1 Seiko Monster. I replaced the destroyed movement myself, breaking the lume on the minute hand when reinstalling the hands. Scars on this watch are souvenirs of a life well lived.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Very nice Bumper! That two-tone dial with the freckled patina is just amazing! ...and those lugs just ooze class!
Ah, a vintage collector. And a Miles fan. A while back I was rummaging through the back room of a small town vinyl shop and came across an original six-eye mono of 'Round About Midnight. After a spirited negotiation with the owner, it was mine for $7. Sure, at that price you get some background hiss and crackling (at least it didn't have any skips!). And sure, I could buy a brand new reissue LP for just north of $20, and a high-rez download for even less. But neither of those have that vintage patina. I'm glad to see you get it.

Ah, a vintage collector. And a Miles fan. A while back I was rummaging through the back room of a small town vinyl shop and came across an original six-eye mono of 'Round About Midnight. After a spirited negotiation with the owner, it was mine for $7. Sure, at that price you get some background hiss and crackling (at least it didn't have any skips!). And sure, I could buy a brand new reissue LP for just north of $20, and a high-rez download for even less. But neither of those have that vintage patina. I'm glad to see you get it.

Great find, indeed -- Miles & Trane! Yes, I am a jazz trumpet player and eternal Miles fan. ....and I have a real affinity for vintage watches, especially OMEGA. Worse yet, this B&B has turned me into a vintage Gillette maniac! Oh the insanity!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Orient 60th Anniversary watch (manual wind). Original band, now sadly in need of replacement.

Attachments

• 15747139450226573283609836160001.jpg
    15747139450226573283609836160001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Top Bottom