What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Vintage Omega Seamaster bumper today.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I would give the Citizen a break, and go with a chunk of Swiss stainless steel.
Rockin' the Luminox today.
(Old photo)
proxy.php

Some of those old Soviet watches look pretty cool.

Soon after the Berlin wall was dismantled, literally bucket loads of these watches and all sorts of other Soviet-era military and government stuff and ornate brass fixtures and fittings were being sold by entrepreneurs mainly camped out near the Brandenburg gate. 5-10 Marks was the going price for a watch with a big discount for bulk buys. I think that I paid more for the strap than the watch itself. There was quite a feeding frenzy!

Thought I would give the Citizen a break, and go with a chunk of Swiss stainless steel.
Rockin' the Luminox today.
(Old photo)
proxy.php

I like your Claddagh and your watch and your BL is making me thirsty! This is one classy picture.

Soon after the Berlin wall was dismantled, literally bucket loads of these watches and all sorts of other Soviet-era military and government stuff and ornate brass fixtures and fittings were being sold by entrepreneurs mainly camped out near the Brandenburg gate. 5-10 Marks was the going price for a watch with a big discount for bulk buys. I think that I paid more for the strap than the watch itself. There was quite a feeding frenzy!

To be at the right place at the right time... very cool.
I heard it was the same with cameras.

It's a Seiko. Not sure which kind though, maybe an orange monster?. It's been "pimped" ... err, I mean modified. I really like it.

DS/B MCS, what brand watch is that? What is the model's name?

It started life as a Seiko SKX 007.
proxy.php

The dial, hands, and chapter ring were ordered from Bill Yao at Mark II watches. I wanted a watch to wear to Clemson games, but didn't want to drop the coin on a preloved Doxa.

Like the Seiko Black or Orange Monster it's a great value priced automatic.

Top Bottom