What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Yes sir, i had cut the band just a sliver on each side. I looked and looked for a 23mm rally strap and couldn't find one on Amazon or etsy.. So I had to get the 24mm
You did a fine job! I've had to do it before too in some special cases. Sometimes I actually think it looks better as it helps make things look a bit more sleek. Clean cuts are they key, you did a nice job with it.

You did a fine job! I've had to do it before too in some special cases. Sometimes I actually think it looks better as it helps make things look a bit more sleek. Clean cuts are they key, you did a nice job with it.
Thank you sir.

Here's the strap that I just got for the rolex. Just changed it about 30 min ago. I'm not a fan of the metal bracelets on watches, because they pull the hair on my wrist and it's not fun. This one was a perfect fit. No tinkering with this one.
20200614_115531.jpg

Man, I really need to clean this one. It was put away for a long time.

Question for all you gentlemen that have sailcloth straps on your watches, where did you buy them from?

It seems Amazon has a few, but the quality isn't there according to reviews.

Question for all you gentlemen that have sailcloth straps on your watches, where did you buy them from?

It seems Amazon has a few, but the quality isn't there according to reviews.

My timex came with one so I didn't have to grab one. When researching watches I did see alot mention the seller "jaysandkays" I found them on ebay. They have great reviews and according to tthe reviews sell quality stuff. Thats where I'm going to look when I need another 👍

Just got this watch yesterday. I feel like watch collecting is going to snowball quickly haha. Just noticed my date is off doh!

Timex expedition scout

View attachment 1113677
Not off, just on the wrong side of the IDL :)

Today wearing a Revue Thommen Airspeed Chronograph, titanium case

IMG-1838.JPG

Nice watch, reasonable subtle look to it and light (84g). Only complaint I have is there's some sort of anti-glare coating on the crystal (almost looks like iridium used on sunglasses) that is badly scratched.

My Rollie was up next for this week but I held out until my strap got here for a vintage Vostok Komandirskie I purchased got here, for those that don’t know these are a fairly inexpensive pieces that are built like tanks.

Some are automatic and some are manual daily winders and mine is the second, when first getting it gained almost a minute a day so off to the internet for details on how to regulate and at least for these it’s pretty easy

Anyway it’s presently running at +/- 10 SPD so not terrible as the specs are -20/+40 SPD but lots are getting +/- 2/3 SPD after work

6F4F8D4A-C2D4-4D76-90F6-8CCF04D08F14.jpeg
86C3CEC7-E2D9-4078-A329-FBEE8C9A6D4B.jpeg

I aint gonna lie... I really dig this watch! But man... -20/+40? Shew!

I may to look for one of these...

My Rollie was up next for this week but I held out until my strap got here for a vintage Vostok Komandirskie I purchased got here, for those that don’t know these are a fairly inexpensive pieces that are built like tanks.

Some are automatic and some are manual daily winders and mine is the second, when first getting it gained almost a minute a day so off to the internet for details on how to regulate and at least for these it’s pretty easy

Anyway it’s presently running at +/- 10 SPD so not terrible as the specs are -20/+40 SPD but lots are getting +/- 2/3 SPD after work

View attachment 1114488View attachment 1114491

Top Bottom