What's new

Wanting a New Razor

I have a razor stand with spots for 4, but only own 3 razors, so I'm thinking it's time I fill that final slot soon. I have the King C. Gillette, and Muhle R89 & R41, which I all enjoy. I want something that feels/handles different than all of them and what better place for suggestions than here...
Open/closed/butterfly etc are all fair game.
I would like to keep under the $100 CAD range but never know what may happen.

Anywho. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Why not try an adustable, open comb or slant bar for a little variation.
The adjustable could be a vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable or the Merkur Progress is a current production model.
The open comb has many options in vintage or low cost Fatip or even the Razorock Gamechanger 0.68 open comb.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Being that you have a Muhle R41, I would recommend the RazoRock Lupo .95 OC. For the price, it'll come close to the R41 level of efficiency, but absolutely destroy it in the ease of use and comfort department.

Razorock Lupo 95SB.
I concur Markdad!
5F5BC2DF-FFBD-45F8-B46A-C5FD4E848C39.jpeg

I like the Lupo 95 OC also. For me it provides a comfortable and pretty efficient shave.

Also, my understanding is that the KCG and R89 share essentially the same head, so one of them is redundant. That would free up 2 spots :)

I have a razor stand with spots for 4, but only own 3 razors, so I'm thinking it's time I fill that final slot soon. I have the King C. Gillette, and Muhle R89 & R41, which I all enjoy. I want something that feels/handles different than all of them and what better place for suggestions than here...
Open/closed/butterfly etc are all fair game.

Anywho. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Something different, eh? 🇨🇦

How about a Fatip Open Comb Slant? That gets you an all-brass slant and an open comb in one!

Or maybe an adjustable? Maybe a vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable or perhaps a Merkur Progress?

For a nice TTO, maybe a vintage Gillette Super Speed from the 1950s or early 1960s?

There is always a Gillette Tech. One of my favorite razors is the Canadian pre-war model (with triangular slots).

If you want something similar a lupo 58,or a Merkur 34 as I read you enjoy the R89 and thr KCG.
For more aggressive maybe a Gamechanger 84 (which I didn't like). Even more aggressive with open comb or Jaws baseplate.

Top Bottom