What's new

Walmart MarketPlace Scams

As the title states Be extremely careful with Walmart MarketPlace as they allow scam sellers to sell under Their name and then they will NOT honor The return Policy and try to make the customer suffer the loss. Walmart does NOT care about the customer , Just THEIR bottom line.... My Mother an elderly woman bought my senior citizen Father some rechargeable batteries for tools and the batteries do NOT work.. Well my mother contacted Walmart who told her to contact the seller about returning them but the seller would NOT respond so after repeated emails to the seller AND Walmart the seller finally replied ( after the return time had lapsed ) and said that she needed to take them to her local walmart and they would take them back.. Remember she had started trying to return them BEFORE the return date lapse and has all communications to prove it ) They took it to walmart who refused to take the return saying the seller was "blacklisted" because the seller would not take them back... Walmart is allowing sellers who are blacklisted to continue to scam customers because Walmart is still getting their "CUT" from the seller which is all that Walmart cares about... Please I beg all of you that if at all possible to AVOID Buying ANYTHING FROM WALMART MARKETPLACE !!!! IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK AND HEADACHES I SEE MY ELDERLY PARENTS HAVING TO GO THROUGH !!

These are the views and opinions of the Author alone and do not necessarily express the views of this site..

As the title states Be extremely careful with Walmart MarketPlace as they allow scam sellers to sell under Their name and then they will NOT honor The return Policy and try to make the customer suffer the loss. Walmart does NOT care about the customer , Just THEIR bottom line.... My Mother an elderly woman bought my senior citizen Father some rechargeable batteries for tools and the batteries do NOT work.. Well my mother contacted Walmart who told her to contact the seller about returning them but the seller would NOT respond so after repeated emails to the seller AND Walmart the seller finally replied ( after the return time had lapsed ) and said that she needed to take them to her local walmart and they would take them back.. Remember she had started trying to return them BEFORE the return date lapse and has all communications to prove it ) They took it to walmart who refused to take the return saying the seller was "blacklisted" because the seller would not take them back... Walmart is allowing sellers who are blacklisted to continue to scam customers because Walmart is still getting their "CUT" from the seller which is all that Walmart cares about... Please I beg all of you that if at all possible to AVOID Buying ANYTHING FROM WALMART MARKETPLACE !!!! IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK AND HEADACHES I SEE MY ELDERLY PARENTS HAVING TO GO THROUGH !!

These are the views and opinions of the Author alone and do not necessarily express the views of this site..
That sounds really low, and your elderly parents getting the stress makes it more so.

What are the consumer protection laws like in the U.S may I ask? Do they run at the State or Federal level or are there both?

In the UK they are actually pretty good to be honest.

That sounds really low, and your elderly parents getting the stress makes it more so.

What are the consumer protection laws like in the U.S may I ask? Do they run at the State or Federal level or are there both?

In the UK they are actually pretty good to be honest.
The US has pretty good laws usually but companies like walmart do their own thing anyway. My mother fortunately has been in touch with her Credit Card issuer and it looks like the card issuer will / might refuse payment to the scammer , so there is at least that hope...

Top Bottom