What's new

Wallets anyone?

The trend of men’s wallets is certainly leaning more towards smaller, lighter, more minimalistic front pocket carry. That said I’m a little more old fashioned and still prefer a leather back pocket wallet, bifold or trifold. I’m using a Saddleback medium bifold right now and have had nothing but good experiences.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thanks for the link @Marco, some very nice products on their website.

You are very welcome, my friend.

I've been using Maledetti Toscani leather goods for +20 years. My previous MT wallet lasted me 19 years before I replaced it with a new one last September. Quality is unquestionably high and prices are pretty fair, too.

I proudly own and strongly suggest "Maledetti Toscani", awesome leather stuff entirely handmade here in Italy. Here is the link for the English page. :thumbup1:
Those are gorgeous. A lot quality products in these posts. Going to be very hard make a choice.

D4615485-04B5-4E71-8C00-3D45780F41B3.jpeg
91CC6353-F76A-4118-8AD2-257A260C8CA0.jpeg
Saddleback Leather. I am double tough on wallets. I bought this one 9 years ago. Still doing just fine.

If you want a minimalist approach . . . get a Ridge wallet. RFID protection, available money clip, fits all you need.

I would second this as I mainly carry a Ridge, but the OP is looking for leather, I believe. I have a card wallet from Woodnsteel that I love as well. Minimal, front pocket carrier. He also does watch straps in leather if you're interested in going matchy-matchy with your wallet.

81038023-4E54-47D3-8EBC-15F700D11A19.jpeg
4A64B676-F61E-45F8-BB6A-D6714CD9AB02.jpeg
2658A17E-F7B6-475B-8BBF-2C36B5D2FDB5.jpeg

Ryan Grizzle (of R. Grizzle Holster fame) recently came out with this number. Crafted from Horween Chrome Excel Leather, it fits the bill for a perfect minimalist wallet.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I proudly own and strongly suggest "Maledetti Toscani", awesome leather stuff entirely handmade here in Italy. Here is the link for the English page. :thumbup1:

For many years now, I have used a wallet by Barantani, another Italian brand. I have been very happy with this wallet, and it shows no signs of needing to be replaced.

Popov makes a heck of a wallet. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they have the traditional bifold in 4 card any more. I have a 6 card too, but find it's too tall.

In the summer, I switch to a 5 card version which he still has and love it.

I carry in my jacket pocket in winter and the 5 card I carry front pocket on in my cycling backpack pocket.

IMG_20190215_174459.jpg
IMG_20190215_174422.jpg

I've been carrying a Spec-Ops T.H.E wallet for about 20 years and its in great shape still. Its made of Cordora Nylon. I'm considering looking for a nice leather wallet for special occasions/evenings out but for EDC I'll never give up the T.H.E wallet.

If you are open to high tech synthetic materials, I can vouch for RAGGEDedge Gear wallets. Made of carbon-fiber/ kevlar/aramid yacht racing sailcloth. Lightweight, impervious to water and salt, super strong. I love mine, and have given a couple as well-appreciated presents.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For many years now, I have used a wallet by Barantani, another Italian brand. I have been very happy with this wallet, and it shows no signs of needing to be replaced.

Barantani is a very solid choice, too. Lines are clean and traditional, quality is very high.

But I still prefer Maledetti Toscani. And while I love the leather goods and accessories made by MT, I don't like their shoes (quality is excellent, but design is way too extravagant for my tastes).

Barantani is a very solid choice, too. Lines are clean and traditional, quality is very high.

But I still prefer Maledetti Toscani. And while I love the leather goods and accessories made by MT, I don't like their shoes (quality is excellent, but design is way too extravagant for my tastes).
The world of high quality leather shoes is foreign to me. They sure are great looking though.

I started this thread looking for a couple suggestions. You blokes have managed to show me an insane variety and wide range of high quality goods that I had no idea I had access to.

Love looking through all these sites.

Thanks!

For about 10 years, I carried the BOSCA FRONT POCKET ID WALLET (currently they are $85.00 for some very fine Italian crafted leather). The first one lasted me about 6-7 years, and then I bought a 2nd one. I had it for about 3-4 years up until last summer when I wanted to go smaller with my wallet.
b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg

I then went with the TRAYVAX CONTOUR, another very nice (and spendy) wallet that is more of a minimalist design. They are $140.00 but you can get discounts for either 10% or 20% off, I cannot recall the percentage at the top of my head. For me, it was too heavy, a little bit too rigid (it was scratching my cards up as I slid them in/out), and just too expensive - so I sold it on eBay.
t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg
t4.jpg

My next (and final) wallet was the NOMATIC - they are currently $20.00, but you can get them when they put them on sale most big holidays for $12.00. This is about as minimalistic as you can get, and for me....it is perfect! It also has a lifetime warranty.
n1.jpg
n2.jpg

I carry a bit of a combo that I found at the Minnesota Leather Works:

* Front pocket wallet for money, credit cards, etc.

* Back pocket “passport wallet” (very flat, back pocket sized) with a Field Notes notebook and a catch-all for any notes / small cards.

For EDC, usually both but I can leave the notebook wallet in a bag, etc.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The world of high quality leather shoes is foreign to me. They sure are great looking though.

I started this thread looking for a couple suggestions. You blokes have managed to show me an insane variety and wide range of high quality goods that I had no idea I had access to.

Love looking through all these sites.

Thanks!

Ask and you'll receive!

Another brand from Italy to consider is "Il Gergo". Not sure if they also sell wallets, but their leather Goodyear welted shoes are truly beautiful. :thumbup1:

The Mitchell Leather and Rogue wallets look fantastic.

I've been looking into buying a wallet, so this is good timing.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom