What's new

Wallets anyone?

I have two wallets. Both are Louis Vuitton. Both have done very well for the many years I’ve had them - one is 12 years old, the other 8. I expect to get to 20 years for each of them the way they’re going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been using a large Saddleback Leather bifold

Large Bifold Leather Wallet

I am on my first and it's about 11-12 years old. They are very stiff and take a while to break in until the corners round over. They are large enough to be difficult to get into and out of a pocket though, and even when broken in would be a pick pockets nightmare to sneak out. It has numerous pockets for cards, and a very large deep currency section that has a full pigskin liner that fits very well, but can be unfolded to hid several bills if desired.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The world of high quality leather shoes is foreign to me. They sure are great looking though.

I started this thread looking for a couple suggestions. You blokes have managed to show me an insane variety and wide range of high quality goods that I had no idea I had access to.

Love looking through all these sites.

Thanks!

Hahaha ... the trick is to get out of this thread with only one wallet and nothing else ... apart from some green contents in the wallet.

My Mitchell wallet arrived. Nice packaging and a beautiful wallet.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I've had this one (whiskey "finish") for 5+ years (purchased while they were still Bison brand), and could not be happier, highly recommended. I'm not exactly gentle on my wallets and it still looks incredible.

I enjoy mine from Ashland Leather. They are from Chicago and use only Horween leathers and shell.
20190310_153327.jpeg
20190310_153300.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Check out Rogue Industries and their Front Pocket Wallets. Fantastic products. Curved and fits into your front pocket. No sitting on a wallet and aggravating your sciatic nerve.

I've been using one of these for over a year now and it's great. I got the deer skin.

I've been using one of these for over a year now and it's great. I got the deer skin.
I was really debating over whether I should get the Rogue wallet or the Mitchell wallet. I chose the Mitchell wallet, but I think I still want the Rogue as well...I just don't really need to spend the money... but I'm tempted man!

I think the way you care for your wallet is more important than the kind you buy. Keeping one in the pocket of your pants will ruin it. I ran out of pockets years ago and I carry all my stuff in a shoulder bag. After 12 or 13 years, my wallet still looks brand new.

I think the way you care for your wallet is more important than the kind you buy. Keeping one in the pocket of your pants will ruin it. I ran out of pockets years ago and I carry all my stuff in a shoulder bag. After 12 or 13 years, my wallet still looks brand new.
Not a bad idea, actually, but I would lose a shoulder bag. Gotta keep mine in a pocket.

Not sure if I am late on this or not, but I really enjoy the 2 wallets that I have used for several years. Craft and Lore makes nice leather wallets that are very minimalist. A few different styles and options that you can choose from as well as the leather that you can choose. The other I use is the Secrid wallet. That is the one I have been carrying the most since I bought it. I love the metal card storage case and its very convenient. If you can't tell I tend to like the smaller wallets that have the convenient features/pockets for me to carry just a bit more than just my cards.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Rogue Wallets are the best period. Thin, many choices of hides or fabric, thin which is my criteria ..

proxy.php

Questions for the Rogue specific users: what models are you using??

Is anyone using the International model?
It's slightly deeper for different currencies, but primarily interested in the 8 card slot design over the typical 6. This is

Primary complaint I have seen is that they feel "thin"... thoughts?
Thick does not always equate durability, just as thin does not equate flimsy. Thoughts on this? Who has the oldest in our community and how is it holding up?

Is anyone using the Expedition model?
The reverse opening seems like it would be a better fit with the direction of the pocket opening.

All things considered, I think i would like a International/8 Slot/Expedition, model, unfortunately this doesn't fit any of their product descriptions. Wishful thinking doesn't get very far, so I am trying to weight some pros and cons among the combinations and figure out where the compromise is.

Top Bottom