What's new

Wallets anyone?

My wallet is starting to pop seams and the fold is cracking.
I was hit with the realization that I never really put much thought into a proper wallet and just kinda bought whatever I could get my hands on.

Seeing as I've taken steps to up my shaving game the past few months, I believe it is necessary to also do the same with my accessories.

Problem is, no idea where to start.

Any suggestions?

Mitchell money clip would be my recommendation. Also Popov leather.
Wallets can be as deep as a rabbit hole as wet shaving, so proceed with caution.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Proceed with caution, as @mio_cuggino said.

As I type these words , I am looking at an ad for an ‘executive’ wallet. Isn’t that strange?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Check out Rogue Industries and their Front Pocket Wallets. Fantastic products. Curved and fits into your front pocket. No sitting on a wallet and aggravating your sciatic nerve.

Another vote for Popov leather. Excellent materials and workmanship. Numerous choices as well, though I prefer the traditional bi-fold wallet.

I got a Rogue a few years ago and I'm glad I did. It is my first front pocket wallet and it has worked out very well.

M

member 119848

I would start with having an idea of size and material. And how you like to access your cards.
The one I carry is for me perfect: it´s light, thin, it´s so easy to carry that I barely feel it. Even in summer with just a T-shirt and jeans. I use an extra small purse to carry coins. I have owned classic leather wallets in the meantime but were for my taste too bulky.
This 20 years-old wallet can still be found in outdoors-trekking stores:
5CE39C4E-8A19-4701-89E3-A519DAB99EF9.jpeg
Good luck for your search!

+1 for front pocket wallets.

That said, one needs to make an assessment of every item in their wallet and determine whether it belongs. There are people who discover that they were still carrying their blockbuster video cards.

I know I am going to have my phone and wallet as a minimum leaving the house. While I still like to pay with a physical card at most places, I carry the cards used most often and use Google play to store others and royalty cards.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Another vote for popov. I got the smaller zip card carrier. Low profile but holds everything great build quality

I definitely prefer front pocket carry and I prefer leather to other materials - especially metals. I have a lot of wallets but I typically use two in rotation. I really like Bellroy's zipper wallet and it's carried almost daily. If I'm going out, I use Taylor Stitch's Minimalist Wallet.

I got a Rogue a few years ago and I'm glad I did. It is my first front pocket wallet and it has worked out very well.

+1! Just replaced my Rogue wallet! The first one lasted 5 years and led me to slim down what I carry.

Wow. All of these are really nice. Bit more than I wanted to spend, but they look worth every penny. Now I just have to decide.

Thanks gents!

I use a wallet with extra flaps from Walmart. It's to carry all my required certification cards.

I have, but have never worn, a trucker's wallet. Haven't seen those used much in years. These are oversized leather pouches with a double snap cover, an interior zip pouch, and secured by a chain connected to a loop you slide your belt through.

After seeing a wallet advertisement last year I decided on an upgrade. I realized that I had stuff I never used in my wallet so I made a list of exactly what I wanted to keep in it and the size it should be to fit the pocket(s) I wanted to use it in.

I went to the Banggood.com website and (after quite a bit of searching) found EXACTLY what I wanted. All their ads show plenty of pics and comprehensive dimensions are given (under Details [and sometimes in the pics too]).

When my wallet arrived (from China) I loved it straight away. It has a lovely (old fashioned) new leather smell; not the chemical stench which seems quite common with some expensive leather goods these days. It even makes me smile each time I take it out of the drawer to put in my (selected) pocket.

No, I'm not connected to the company in any way I just love the wallet. Did I mention it was really inexpensive too?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Check out Rogue Industries and their Front Pocket Wallets. Fantastic products. Curved and fits into your front pocket. No sitting on a wallet and aggravating your sciatic nerve.
Been carrying one for several years. It’s perfect! And the bad guys can’t read the RFID chips when your cards are inside it!!

I've seen work by a number of local people doing really nice leather work, you might have someone nearby that could create exactly what you'd like if they're not doing it already.
dave

I am very pleased with my wallet from Popov. Top quality leather, stitching and craftmanship. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I proudly own and strongly suggest "Maledetti Toscani", awesome leather stuff entirely handmade here in Italy. Here is the link for the English page. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom