What's new

Walgreens & fragrances

What's up with Walgreens? I thought I'd be able to walk in and pick up some small cologne bottles (Cool Water, Nautica) for around $20. Only a few things in their stock was priced around $30, and the rest didn't seem much cheaper (Polo, CK Obsession) than department store prices.

Was I thinking of some other place to purchase some of the cheaper colognes?

Marshall's, T. J. Maxx, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory

My local TJ Maxx, post-lockdown, was near empty, and had less that 1/2 the shelf space it used to have. Hope that's not permanent. I'll try other locations as well as its "sister" stores.

My local TJ Maxx, post-lockdown, was near empty, and had less that 1/2 the shelf space it used to have. Hope that's not permanent. I'll try other locations as well as its "sister" stores.

Have to say, I noticed that last week when I stopped at my nearest Marshall's. Empy fragrance shelf. Hopefully by Christmas they'll be fully stocked.

Deals can be had at Walgreens. I picked up Dior Sauvage at 75% off when they discontinued carrying it, and 40% off Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme. You just have to check them regularly.

Boy, you should have seen my local Burlington store. Huge and damn near empty.

The point of TJX and Burlington stores is that they pick up distressed / overstock merchandise on the cheap. There's little of that to be had right now. Even full price retailers can't keep their shelves full anymore around here. I assume virus-related manufacturing and distribution issues.

Top Bottom