What's new

Wald A1 Synthetic Brush

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Beautiful Delphi 😍

I finally got mine today! I can't get a good picture of it, but @willk93 has that covered(along with initial use). It's very minty in person, such an interesting departure from my copper vein A1! The bulbous shape seems like an unnecessary appendage, but I think it might help balance the weight. It feels softer in the hand, partly the texture no doubt. By brain is a bit confused about all of this, but the knot is just perfect(as expected).

I finally got mine today! I can't get a good picture of it, but @willk93 has that covered(along with initial use). It's very minty in person, such an interesting departure from my copper vein A1! The bulbous shape seems like an unnecessary appendage, but I think it might help balance the weight. It feels softer in the hand, partly the texture no doubt. By brain is a bit confused about all of this, but the knot is just perfect(as expected).
I’m so glad you got yours in! The handle shape is taking some getting used to, and I’ve had to adjust how I normally hold brushes. Looks very interesting with the keyhole shape, no doubt. It is very mint green as well haha

It took me a few uses to get used to the Calyx handle and wasn't sure I'd like it at first but now after several shaves I really like the feel of it and enjoy it very much. I wish Jannick would consider the shape for the 29mm A1 knot in the future and maybe some colors as well...
View attachment 1779578
View attachment 1779579
I really like the design of the Calyx handle and I was just unsure about the white colour, though I’m not sure either what colour I would choose. It’s sort of like a lotus flower or something. I can’t think of other brush handles that have a texture like this, and I imagine it aids grip. It’s really good to hear some feedback about how this handle feels in use.

I feel the pastel colors used for the delphi would also fit nicely on the calyx.
I am not in favor of the pastel colors and if you take a look at what he still has in stock from the November release, Mauvelous, Milkshake, and Rose Marshmellow all in 18mm Nimbus, would suggest that wouldn't be a very good idea as I think the whole 18mm brushes were from the beginning!! He still has 7 brushes left over from that release.

I was thinking more in the way of colors such as Bloodline, Gengar, Hautner, Deep Sea, Lagoon, Butterscotch, Vintage mixes, and others he has done and posted on Instagram. They should all be in solid colors but I think they would sell pretty good for him.

I am not in favor of the pastel colors and if you take a look at what he still has in stock from the November release, Mauvelous, Milkshake, and Rose Marshmellow all in 18mm Nimbus, would suggest that wouldn't be a very good idea as I think the whole 18mm brushes were from the beginning!! He still has 7 brushes left over from that release.

I was thinking more in the way of colors such as Bloodline, Gengar, Hautner, Deep Sea, Lagoon, Butterscotch, Vintage mixes, and others he has done and posted on Instagram. They should all be in solid colors but I think they would sell pretty good for him.

Yes I feel there should be a 24 mm a1 option instead of the 18 mm one. I am not interested by the delphi because of the shape, but for sure I would be interested by a 24 mm one with the a1 handle.

Yes I feel there should be a 24 mm a1 option instead of the 18 mm one. I am not interested by the delphi because of the shape, but for sure I would be interested by a 24 mm one with the a1 handle.
I didn’t immediately like the Delphi shape but it has grown on me. I will see what it feels like in my hand when I receive it. What I like about these matte, textured handles is that they seem more inviting to use every day than the polished, arty ones. I can picture myself using the Delphi I just ordered all the time, and not being so precious about keeping it pristine.

It would be good if it was offered with a plain old school shaving brush handle that would feel familiar in the hand so one doesn’t need to get used to something new.
I completely agree. It seems he is trying to "break the mold" so to speak with his unusual brush handles

Top Bottom