What's new

Wald A1 Synthetic Brush

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets
FYI, Wald A1 drop coming today in about 4hrs. Will be for custom orders this time, which a few of you have been waiting for, and for the first time he says he is open to custom loft adjustments….

Today, January 4, at 9 p.m. CET there will be a drop of made-to-order A1 brushes (18mm and 29mm). As always feel free to inquire about slight modifications to my colorways. Also, you can inquire about custom lofts for your knots (within the realm of reason of course😅). For some of you that might be of interest.

If you have questions about the whole ordering process, feel free to click here.

As always, thank you for your ongoing support!🙏

Much love❤️

Jannik

@willk93 I requested a Stratos A1 fan, but I told him I couldn’t choose between the Deep Sea and Goldvein colorway. Jannik suggested a mix. He sent me these photos of a brush he did for a previous customer. The brush looks awesome!!

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9496.jpeg

If you like synthetics and you value a super soft feel on your face then this may be a superior brush, but it will feel a bit different from other synthetics due to the softness and the high density.
Have you used an old Plisson Synthetic or Plisson by L'Occitance brush? If so, how does it compare? I find most other synthetics (I've tried Muhle and AdP) are too "scritchy" compared to the Plisson and I prefer the softness of the Plisson. Wondering if this one is even softer. I don't like harder, scritchy bristles because they cause my skin to peel. From what I hear the newer Plisson Synthetics are also more scritchy than the old ones.

@Latherati Wow, that is beautiful. Very cool and creative of him to combine two colors like that. Please post pictures when you get it in!

@anoop I've used the Plisson by L'Occitane brush and definitely prefer the Wald. The plisson was super soft but the Wald is even softer, if you can imagine that. The Wald is also much denser, giving the feeling of a "wall" of super fine fibers. I've yet to find a more comfortable face feel from a brush

Calyx content: Are you using a stand with your Calyx? I love my Calyx. Before I got it, I had a traditional razor & brush pedestal stand, but the forks for the brush part are not wide enough for the Calyx. If you're using a stand with yours, which one?

Calyx content: Are you using a stand with your Calyx? I love my Calyx. Before I got it, I had a traditional razor & brush pedestal stand, but the forks for the brush part are not wide enough for the Calyx. If you're using a stand with yours, which one?
Can you hang it by the base of the knot? That is what I did with my Wald brushes. Not ideal but it worked.

Still some spots left in the 4th January drop. Ordered a A1s yesterday. Yet still waiting for Jannik to reply to my email. Does Jannik usually reply quite slowly?

Still some spots left in the 4th January drop. Ordered a A1s yesterday. Yet still waiting for Jannik to reply to my email. Does Jannik usually reply quite slowly?
Congrats! What did you get?

He's responded pretty quickly to my emails. Keep in mind the time difference though between the US and Germany (assuming you're in the States)

I have a plastic brush stand and I used a utility knife to widen the opening just a mm or so and now the Wald handle fits on it nicely and my other brushes still do as well. Just an option to consider.

There are stands that have adjustable forks but I can't remember where I saw it. :(

Top Bottom