What's new

Wacker Hand Forged Blonde Razor1094 (Blonde) Worth tracking one down?

As a retirement gift to myself I was looking at one of these hand forged 7/8th Wacker str8s. I will get a bit of a bonus cheque as a severance package which I won't see the likes of again so I was hoping to get a really nice razor I would otherwise never be able to afford.
Any opinions on this razor? I have a 7/8 Jungmeister I really like so I was looking at another Wacker. The Old Sheffield 7/8 is also on my list and much easier to get here but I had a real interest in the hand forged razor unfortunately it seems to be tough to get shipped to Canada. I also heard of an issue with these particular hand forged razors not holding an edge so before I drop $1300 Canadian on a razor I was hoping you folks may have an opinion to share. Thanks in advance!

PM sent deal directly with Wacker and save $$ no sense in paying a middle man to mark up a razor, also consider possibly a Damascus from them, not sure what import taxes or what you have to pay but you can get a Damascus from them for about $700 USD delivered I believe, aslo consider razors from Koraat

Is hand forged a hard fast deal? If so I would also be sure to check out offerings from Jerry Stark and Tim Zowada. Excellent blades and perhaps more reasonably priced. If hand forged is not an absolute option, Brian Brown and Robert Williams are another pair of excellent razor makers whose work warrants looking into.....

I confirm go direct. Mr Wacker is a very fine gentleman to deal with.
However, the 8/8 hand forged I purchased was not a good deal. I didn't like it from honing to shave.

And that's the discouraging thing about this one is I have heard that a few times now something to do with the full hollow blade thinness and temper being lost. It can take an edge but can't keep it. I always try and look for a price associated to value as opposed to fashion or the latest fad. A mans skill and the time to pound one of these str8s out of a chunk of steel has got to be expensive to do if done right and I will pay for that. The trick to avoiding over paying is asking questions and following up on leads which this site is great for so thanks guys.
I received a contact from Jnatcat for the Wacker company and I sent a request in so I am waiting to see their response. I love this Jungmeister and I'd like to get something along those lines if I can. The US and Canadian sources are still a bit of a mystery at the moment but I am following up on the local talent so thanks.

I may be wrong.. and you can ask them but I think the billet may be hand forge then the blanks are drop forged like Dovo and Koraats.
If the requirement is hand forged there are a few others . I will hand forge one on request, I think Robert will as well. I know Joe Edson does, may be worth messaging him and see what you can work out.

Top Bottom