What's new

Vote: How many razors do you own?

How many razors do you own?

• Total voters
I have five - Plan to keep my birth year Red Tip, RR Game Changer & Mamba. Will PIF my HD34C and NEW SC at some point.

Rex ambassador
ATT R1 Kronos
ATT H2 atlas
ATT s1, m2 plates
Parker Variant
Merkur Futur
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Merkur 34C
Braveheart
Feather AC

Used to own a couple of Parker twist to opens and a muhle r89.

Rex is my favorite razor followed closely by the ATT R1 plate. Variant in third and is generally used as my travel razor.

20 straights ready to serve and about half dozen a 12k touchup away from service.
30 de, 5 se, and two shavettes.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I have 5 double edge razors

And 2 single edge razors

And 1 razor for barber , a shavette

I have four DE razors...soon to be two
Timeless Bronze SB
Timeless Aluminum
Merkur 34HD (giving to nephew, Twin B)
Merkur 1904 OC (giving to nephew, Twin A)
I only keep the razors that I use... A LOT, so when I find a keeper something has to leave.

Currently 13 razors in a usable state. I had 3 DE razors until I put a £5 bid on an Al handled English tech and won the auction. So 4 DE razors now. I also have the following straights 3 Solingen, 3 Sheffields, 2 Japanese and 1 Swedish all honed and ready. Also two gold dollars that need a bit of work, but as they are not shave ready they don't count.

this time last year I only owned a single de razor and now look. + One more on the way -

Attachments

• IMG_E0321[1].JPG
    IMG_E0321[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 34
I have more than enough but I keep thinking I would like to try another razor to see what it shaves like (same with soaps and brushes). I mean what harm would it be to get one or two more.

There are 3 slim adjustables, 2 super speeds a bakelite tech a 3 piece Gillette made in the 20's and a schick 66 in a box down stairs a couple travel size techs floating around the house some where. In my box in the bathroom of stuff I am using there is a Gem micromatic, a Schick G series, 62 ball end tech and a merkur 1904. All are usable some of the ones down stairs need cleaned most were bought in thrift stores or yard sales with the exception of the Merkur I don't have more than a couple dollars in any of them most were a dollar or less

I own 10 at the moment, 7 Merkurs, two techs, and a slim. I've decided I want to narrow my focus to Merkur razors only, as I've never owned one I didn't love. To that end, I'll probably be trading or selling the three Gillettes to make room for a few more Merkurs.

Top Bottom