What's new

Vote: How many razors do you own?

How many razors do you own?

• Total voters
It’s time to come clean. How advanced is your RAD? How many razors have you acquired over the years? Is there a system or theme to the collection?

Do you have enough or do you want more? What’s next on shipping list?

Please vote and post a picture of you’ve got one!

FDCBC2F5-5AC8-43F0-A1F0-708D37692A5F.jpeg

I’m in the 2-5 category and intend to stay there due to limited space. The Feather isn’t seeing much use since the Timeless came along and will probably go soon. Another straight or an SE would be nice though.

In the range of about 40. Most are straights. A shavette, plus a Rolls. Three lather catchers, plus a handful of more recent vintage SEs. All of them see regular use as I shave daily and occasionally twice a day.

Variety is the spice of life.

I'm up to 62!And occasionally I'll still buy one if it catches my interest.There's no doubt that the old Gillette's hold their own with alot of the newer razors......amazing to me!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Thats a razor collection!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have 12 vintage razors and all are used regularly although I plan to downsize to fewer than ten. If I buy another and choose to keep it then I sell one otherwise I am simply collecting, or hoarding if you prefer. My den is where I shave, it is not a museum.

Wow DCRIII! Love the custom display stand too!

Here's some (most) of mine - outgrew the stand!

Attachments

• 20746109_10154691629882321_1752239637479638309_o.jpg
    20746109_10154691629882321_1752239637479638309_o.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 61
17 in the DE/SE cool category + 4 different cartridge handles that don't ever get used anymore.

i started old-timey shaving about 2 years ago with an inherited 66 Gillette Slim. I got pretty good with that for about 3 months then i started getting drawn to Fatips, bought 3 different Piccolos over the next year or so, spaced out about 3 or 4 months each. i wanted to get to know each one and really learn how to shave the right way. I showed some great buying restraint for that first year and a half..... before the acquisition disorders set in.

I then found 2 back to back vintage Gillettes (a cased nickel old type, and a brass new short comb) at the same thrift store on 2 different visits. The awesomeness of the whole process of cleaning and polishing and using those old vintage treasures awakened the disorder beast. i've since branched out into old Gem/Star/Ever Ready/Treet razors that were made in Brooklyn. Barbasol Floating Head plus a small hoard of Barbasol 100th anniversary cans....2 new RR Slocs. Don't even get me started on the vintage Old Spice memorabilia, holy F*-ing moly !!!

At one point for like 2 weeks, I thought it was a neat milestone that I'd hit my Sweet 16 - number of razors, but then I realized that I had 17, and had bought so many so quickly ( and so cheaply on ebay) that I forgot about one of them....so now I'm at the point where I'm thinking I probably have too many LOL.

Last edited:
I believe I'm still below the 150 mark.
Here's 114 of them.

Im loving the apothecary bottles. I just did a similar setup in the den but only have one of those bottles. The rest are other old vintage. Im keeping an eye out for that brand so i can add to the collection.

Myself i have about 50 working straight razors and i think about 11 DE's, 1 Schick injector and 2 SE's.

I've been thinning out my collection lately and only keeping the ones I really enjoy using. I decided I didn't want to be a collector anymore. I have a ways to go though. I've piffed some things, donated to raffles, and sold some stuff. I have also limited myself to two razors in the bathroom at a time and don't switch them out until the blades are done. It's worked out pretty well in that I can get to know a particular razor and decide if I truly want to keep it. Before, I tended to razor hop

Top Bottom