What's new

Vote: How many razors do you own?

How many razors do you own?

• Total voters
I'm in the 2-5 range with 2. Honestly, I can't see having more than 5. What I can see is continuing on with my love of getting old razors from antique stores*, loving them up back to useable conditions, using them a while, and then passing them on when I find my next project.

13 + 1 coming broken down as follows:
Need:
  1. Timeless Titanium (my go to everyday razor)
  2. ATT Atlas M1 (in my Dopp kit for travel)
  3. H2 Travel Tech and a common bar handle (at a friend’s house where I often stay over)
Want:
  1. Ball end Old Type (approximates my father’s age and always used on his birthday)
  2. Goodwill #164 (probably a year older than my mother would be and used on her birthday)
  3. A4 Red Tip Superspeed (birth quarter of my late wife and used on her birthday)
  4. C4 Flare Tip Superspeed (my birth quarter and used on my birthday)
  5. E4 Fatboy (birth quarter of my brother and used on his birthday)
  6. Ball end New LC (probably a year or so younger than my mother would be and used to trim my sideburns between haircuts and to clean up my ears)
Don’t need but haven’t parted with:
  1. C1 Tech (birth year and may replace the H2 Travel Tech above)
  2. New SC with common bar handle (don’t use much but forced me to learn to shave without pressure)
  3. Merkur 34c (will give to someone starting out that needs a razor)
  4. Merkur 38c (will give away)
On the way is a Janus which looks to keep the best elements of the Toggle and improve on it.

This is the beauty of our hobby, we don’t need to justify our purchases and we have the opportunity to use world class tools that turn a chore into enjoyment on a daily basis.

I had around 60 razors at one point and have probably bought and sold another 100 over the last 5 years.

I’m down to 31 in total now due to a couple of recent sell offs, and I’ll probably sell off another dozen.

It’s tough for me to decide what I want to keep out of my DEs, SEs, injectors and straight razorS because they’re so much fun. I’ll get there this year.

Currently down to 4 -- 2 DE (Rockwell 6S and H&SCo. N075) and 2 SE (polished Blackland Vector & a still unopened, NOS type K4 Schick injector). I'll likely see more turnover/volatility for the next year, at least until my name gets called for a Wolfman....and tbh, probably thereafter too, truth be told. I have no endgame, so who knows.

I'll buy what grabs my attention and sell-off those that lose it. I just know I'll be highly selective. I'll be very surprised if more than 2 or 3 new razors make it to my den over the next 12 months, and one of those will definitely be the aforementioned Wolfman.

I have two of the SAME razor. One very well worn Pre-War Fat Handle Tech and one super minty Pre-War Fat Handle Tech! Hard to say which one I prefer. They perform identically, ...but there is just something about that well worn one with the brass showing through around the edges and where one's fingers grip the handle. I KNOW that it has given a lifetime of magnificent shaves!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Of course a seven-day set of matching SRs would be counted as one.

My razors consist of:

1 x Ming Shi 2000S DE
2 x generic SS shavette type SRs
1 x Titan ACRM-2 SR set
1 x Gold Dollar W59 SR
1 x Titan VG10-HZ SR
1 x Titan ACRO SR

That makes a total of seven razors for about USD 350.

Last edited:
I'm in the 2-5 range with 2. Honestly, I can't see having more than 5. What I can see is continuing on with my love of getting old razors from antique stores*, loving them up back to useable conditions, using them a while, and then passing them on when I find my next project.

Gotta save them from the thrifty antique peddlers who only see dollar signs

About 5-6 which I use regularly and at least the same amount which I should get rid of because I do not use them.

Top Bottom