What's new

Visit to D.R. Harris London 2023

had a great visit into the two D.R. Harris London shops while there earlier this March.
They have a small shop in Picadilly and a larger shop nearby on St James.
The larger shop was closed when visited back in 2014, now restored, is also fully operational pharmacy.
Staff at each were really hospitable and naturally I came away with latest literature and complimentary fragrance samples!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Looks like a fantastic place to visit. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and a special thanks for the photos. We loves our photos.

Reactions: Kix
I plan to have a tour around London based Dr Harris, Castle Forbes, TOBS, Geo F Trumper, Ttuefitt and Hill in a few months once I need to buy new soap and aftershave. Would probably buy something in every store so it would last another few years

My trip happened earlier than planned. In terms of service Geo F Trumper was outstanding, but perhaps Dr Harris was just too busy when I was there.
I recommend visit all the stores if possible.
Truefitt&Hill, TOBS and Dr Harris are literally 2 minutes walk from one another.
FB50582D-21AE-4BBE-8BD1-65C76E9644A8.jpeg

I have never heard about Czech & Speake. Checked their website. I understand that fragrances and aftershaves can come pricy... But 90g refill soap for £28 and a puck of shaving soap in a silver dish for £125 that's wow...

I have never heard about Czech & Speake. Checked their website. I understand that fragrances and aftershaves can come pricy... But 90g refill soap for £28 and a puck of shaving soap in a silver dish for £125 that's wow...
indeed, their prices are ridiculous! soaps (used to be) from valobra (italy), scents are nice, really over-priced.

czech speake 88 muehle gillette slim black beauty thayers medicated creed aventus april 29 2016.jpg

I was in London a few weeks ago and didn‘t go to a single shaving shop. I was going to get a nice shave, but I had to cancel as an event we were attending changed. I was with the family just walking around for 5 days, so didn’t plan any visits, but I didn’t pass by any of these places! 🤬 My hotel was right across the street from the Savoy, so it isn’t like I was in a crappy area. 🤷‍♂️

I did spend a lot of $$$ at Penhaligon’s and Selfridges though, but that was all cologne.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Visiting these splendid shops in London is a terrific, unique experience. Back in 2008, during my honeymoon in the UK's capital, I visited both Taylor of Old Bond Street and Geo F. Trumpers. In 2019 I visited Floris and Truefitt & Hill. Great memories and great grooming products to buy!!

I was in London a few weeks ago and didn‘t go to a single shaving shop. I was going to get a nice shave, but I had to cancel as an event we were attending changed. I was with the family just walking around for 5 days, so didn’t plan any visits, but I didn’t pass by any of these places! 🤬 My hotel was right across the street from the Savoy, so it isn’t like I was in a crappy area. 🤷‍♂️

I did spend a lot of $$$ at Penhaligon’s and Selfridges though, but that was all cologne.
We used to stay opposite the Savoy in the early 70s and we walked everywhere. It’s the only way to see London.
Back then, apart from D.R Harris, Trumper’s etc, there were some excellent little chemists where you could buy shaving stuff, and quite a few sold Rooney and Kent brushes.
You would be very hard pushed to find any now.

Its fun that little area Mayfair / Old Bond Street / St James's - There's high end hotels, high fashion to art galleries - all sorts ... If you like a drink to bring back you should try Justerini & Brooks or even Berry Brothers wines & spirit merchants ... opened back in 1698 ... the front door so low you have duck going in.

Its fun that little area Mayfair / Old Bond Street / St James's - There's high end hotels, high fashion to art galleries - all sorts ... If you like a drink to bring back you should try Justerini & Brooks or even Berry Brothers wines & spirit merchants ... opened back in 1698 ... the front door so low you have duck going in.
Berry Bros. moved just around the corner into Pall Mall several years ago now.
Modern premises but still the same excellent service.

Top Bottom