What's new

Vintage Glass A/S Bottles - How to Top?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I tried a search but apparently my Google Fu is lacking .. I found a glass Florida Water bottle but have no idea how to cap it .. a cork would work of course, but that's a PIA when using .. a cork sprinkler top like for ironing would work but would let the AS open to the air, or I can probably scrounge a plastic reducer from something else but the same problem regarding sealing there, thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a good way to actually use this old bottle to store its aftershave and use the same? The ID of the glass bottle neck measures .56" ..

DSC00763.JPG

I tried a search but apparently my Google Fu is lacking .. I found a glass Florida Water bottle but have no idea how to cap it .. a cork would work of course, but that's a PIA when using .. a cork sprinkler top like for ironing would work but would let the AS open to the air, or I can probably scrounge a plastic reducer from something else but the same problem regarding sealing there, thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a good way to actually use this old bottle to store its aftershave and use the same? The ID of the glass bottle neck measures .56"
Is this more of what you are looking for? It looks like the top would seal it from the open air and it would still be easy to pour.

Screenshot_20220923-182256_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I would insert a restrictor and cap with anything that fits o.d.. Home improvement stores have silicone chair leg protectors in various diameters that would fit over the end and seal.

Top Bottom