What's new

Vintage Avon Shave Soap - have you seen this before?

I just bought this on Ebay. The description said it was vintage Avon shave soap, though I see no labels that would indicate that (there were picture of the reverse side of the bowl and puck as well). For the amount they wanted I thought I'd take a chance. If any of you have seen this before, or have used it, let me know what you think.

$$T2eC16FHJGwE9n)ySeEVBQ9POj4IHw~~60_57.jpg

Good luck on this one.Avon sold bricks of shaving soap for awhile,but it's reputation was very poor.Hope the formula on this one is good,let us know.

I have three different Avon shaving soaps (I don't consider the blue/green SSS bars shaving soap... I tried 'em) Gentlemen's Regiment, Avon Shaving Bowl (cream shaving soap), and a shaving soap in a plastic tub (I don't remember the name off the top of my head - the logo was stylized silhouette of men's faces in profile...) - anyway, all very good tallow soaps, nothing spectacular, though .Probably made by Yardley (...kidding). Very easy to lather, rich and cushion-y. Any scents are long gone, sadly.

I've not run across any other Avon shaving soaps than those four.

Sounds like KJ has it pegged.

That is the Avon Wilderness Box Soap set. It was produced/sold in 1988. It is not shaving soap.

Shoot! You're right. I googled the item you mention and found another example with a box. Oh well, at least the bowl can be reused for shaving soap. I haven't received any notice that it's been shipped. I've contacted the seller to see if I can back out, since she does advertise it as shaving soap.

Thanks for the info, KJ, as disappointing as it is.

I remember seeing that on the 'Bay but after some research. It seems like a nice soap bowl though and if you are a hunter/ nature lover then it will be right at home in your den.

Shoot! You're right. I googled the item you mention and found another example with a box. Oh well, at least the bowl can be reused for shaving soap. I haven't received any notice that it's been shipped. I've contacted the seller to see if I can back out, since she does advertise it as shaving soap.

Thanks for the info, KJ, as disappointing as it is.

He is The Man when it comes to all things Avon.

I contacted the seller, explained the situation, and she's letting me back out with no hard feelings. had she put up a fuss, I would have followed through.

Most eBay sellers are decent people and with a good reason they will work with you. I had to back out of one purchase in my time on eBay, explained why, asked him to give me a neutral feedback rather than negative (this was in the days where sellers could give negative or neutral feedback). Ten minutes later I had an e-mail saying that he was willing to let me cancel the transaction and gave me positive feedback and a complement on the feedback score.

Top Bottom