What's new

If you own Old Spice Burley and Avon Deep Woods, please help me!

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some help understanding my situation. I recently acquired a vintage bottle of Old Spice Burley which I've never smelled before today. I applied some to the back of one hand and was amazed to find this smells 100% like Avon Deep Woods to me.

There have been posts of people comparing Burley to Avon Oland, as well as Pinaud Special Reserve, but to me this is a dead ringer for Deep Woods. Definitely a closer match to Deep Woods than to Oland.

I could imagine a gentleman who used Burley refilling his bottle with Deep Woods once upon a time when Burley was discontinued. Seems to me reasonable to believe since many of the Deep Woods decanters were unwieldy shapes.

If you own both Deep Woods and Burley, please sample both and tell me if there's a similarity or if I just bought Deep Woods in a Burley bottle.

I'm interested to hear any comparisons or thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Hi Breen,

I own both and just checked for you. Yes they do smell almost identical. Deep Woods may be a bit sweeter in the dry down, but they are close.

Enjoy!

Hi Breen,

I own both and just checked for you. Yes they do smell almost identical. Deep Woods may be a bit sweeter in the dry down, but they are close.

Enjoy!

Thanks for checking!

I look forward to the morning, I'll be going for a splash of Burley.

Top Bottom