What's new

Vintage Avon find

I have no idea what Oland smells like. I decanted Pinaud Clubman Musk into this one.

Dark and smokey, really different. Quite strong, though not very long lasting. The cologne version is probably better.
For a real smokey twist I mix it 2-to-1 with Clubman Special Reserve. Ooooh, deep, dark, and good staying power.

WIN_20190210_19_41_52_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190210_19_42_40_Pro.jpg WIN_20190210_19_43_19_Pro.jpg Sterling Six Leather fueled by Remember When Wild Country

Note about the Sterling Six Leather. After you pour some out into your hand, you can place it upside down on your sink/counter and it won't spill. Eliminates the need for a pesky third hand to screw the tire back on :)
I would have never thought of trying that! But I did try standing it so that the grill is against the counter, and it stands fine that way. :)

i found a whole chess set today, most of the bottles are full (evaporated), appears NOS. no chess board. i play chess but not a huge avon fan/collector, at least not 32 bottles worth. Fun find nonetheless
IMG_3927.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I used to love Black Suede. I could have picked up some Black Suede talc yesterday at a Second Hand shop but I thought they were asking too much.
$14/3.4 oz bottle struck me as reasonable... Tried the tester, too.

Vintage Avon Lady at the flea has me hooked. Again, I cant collect these things, but Liberty Bell full of Oland tempted me ...

AA

I try to have one original bottle for each scent I like. (That's one of the nice things about Avon - all of the different decanters). Then I have an apothecary bottle (or two) available for extra of each scent. This way when I empty the last apo bottle into the original user bottle I know to start hunting for more.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I didn't realize they use the same decanter for different scents!

I have the same with leather.

I didn't either. I was in an antique store and spotted this. It reminded me of a similar blue one from my childhood, so I had to grab it. $10 and full of the Spicy. I went online looking for a blue car one as I remember and either I can't find the one my dad had or I'm not remembering it correctly which is also possible.

Used the Spicy today. It's a nice scent. It does last. I'm 7 hours in on my shave and it's still gently there. Got a mint Old Spice mug for $2 so it was a good day.

I think I'm going to keep my eye out for these cars or other cool decanters and then eventually fill them with aftershave from the plastic bottles.

I didn't either. I was in an antique store and spotted this. It reminded me of a similar blue one from my childhood, so I had to grab it. $10 and full of the Spicy. I went online looking for a blue car one as I remember and either I can't find the one my dad had or I'm not remembering it correctly which is also possible.

Used the Spicy today. It's a nice scent. It does last. I'm 7 hours in on my shave and it's still gently there. Got a mint Old Spice mug for $2 so it was a good day.

I think I'm going to keep my eye out for these cars or other cool decanters and then eventually fill them with aftershave from the plastic bottles.

I have good luck finding them here. Mine is up at #2645. Same brown, with a gas pump I found at the same time.

0316191755-00.jpg
i found a whole chess set today, most of the bottles are full (evaporated), appears NOS. no chess board. i play chess but not a huge avon fan/collector, at least not 32 bottles worth. Fun find nonethelessView attachment 953259
There seems to be a black label with a blue checkerboard border, what scent is it?

Top Bottom