What's new

Vintage Avon find

Ha,ha. Good story about the ‘old’ Bay Rum. I see a new dress or some shoes in your future.
I just found a 1981 Avon Bay Rum, full bottle, in box. I love it. One of the best bay rum's I have ever had.... Where I went wrong!! I told my wife "I cant believe I'm using an "old" "almost 40 year old" aftershave with a century old razor and loving it.... My bay rum and my wife were both born in 1981. Oops

Here's my current bottle collection/overflow aftershave. Not all have A/S in them. Some fragrances don't work for me but I dig the bottle.
Modern frags and Clubman on the right - Avon on the left.
IMG_6571.JPG

2 colognes Oland and Tai Winds. 6 Aftershaves = Excalibur, Leather, Tribute (all new to me) back ups now of Deep Woods, Spicy and Island Lime which is a double backup. Tribute needs decanting as it has a chip under cap leaking and that's why it's standing up. $1.75 each
IMG_20181020_165930651.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought a full bottle of Avon Leather in the George Washington decanter for $8.49 +free shipping on EBay just now. I currently own Avon Black Suede (2000), Bravo (1969) and Oland in the pheasant decanter (1970’s). A friend of mine also gifted me an empty coin decanter that I think used to have Wild Country in it.

Donating one to a friend on another forum. Already boxed to ship.

Nice gesture!

The last bottle I found of the lime was in a used book store!!! Wife was reading some movie biography, so I walked around and ended up near the car repair manuals. There on the shelf were a few Avon car bottles NIB - and one was Lime! Guess the help figured car bottles go with car books, so...Hot diggety!

Nice gesture!

The last bottle I found of the lime was in a used book store!!! Wife was reading some movie biography, so I walked around and ended up near the car repair manuals. There on the shelf were a few Avon car bottles NIB - and one was Lime! Guess the help figured car bottles go with car books, so...Hot diggety!
Nice

I just found a 1981 Avon Bay Rum, full bottle, in box. I love it. One of the best bay rum's I have ever had.... Where I went wrong!! I told my wife "I cant believe I'm using an "old" "almost 40 year old" aftershave with a century old razor and loving it.... My bay rum and my wife were both born in 1981. Oops
That is funny! I find it hard to think of 1981 as a long time ago, because that's when I graduated high school.

Top Bottom