I think this fits, Gents
Vintage SOTD

Razor:
Slim J3
Blade: Gillette Platinum (24)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: AdP Colonia
ASL: the "Veg"

I don't know what to say about the Gillette Slim that hasn't already been said.
I've used mine on all #9 settings, and find that leaving it set on #4 delivers the best in terms of comfort and closeness.
20220408_202204.jpg

~doug~

Another superb shave with my '34 Aristocrat.

'34 Aristocrat
Nacet
M&F #3 Finest
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Lucky Old Man
View attachment 1437237
Gotta love those 1930’s Aristocrats. Wish I had a 1934 to compare to my 1936, but the ‘36 has given me some durn near perfect two-pass shaves. Given my spotty technique, that’s almost a miracle. Great looking razor, dmshaver! I continue to be impressed with this “outdated” technology.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Today I shaved with this remarkable razor, the DIXI.

Couldn't find much information, but it is supposed to be German, WWII era.
Some claim it was a Wehrmacht razor, but this is something people say about too many razors from that era. Maybe such claims by sellers attract more buyers, I don't know.
I would think there was a shortage of materials in those days, for both army and civilians, and this razor is the summum of minimalistic design and did not require much material. So it would be logical to assume these were produced for broader use than just the army.

I was pleasantly shocked how close and yet smooth this razor shaves. It may have been the best shave ever for me. I did wonder why most of my vintage razors seem to be so much more 'aggressive' than most modern DE razors. Maybe men were better shavers in those days?

The Personna Med Prep and the Tabac helped the razor to perform, no doubt. Funny thought: this Tabac is the older tallow version, and now is sort of vintage too. I was lucky enough to get my hands on three of these porcelain jars last week.

I added two pictures, to show how this razor is put together. Simplicity at it's best.

5851D6E2-F012-4E72-8BB4-E6651467B1C8.jpeg
04EB7F8B-FF7D-4D6A-B4C6-5FD6D2FB060E.jpeg

Wetpack: Ashwood Leather Millitary wetpack
Razor-case: Razoremporium replica ww1
Pre-Shave: facewash
Razor: Gillette 1918 Old Type
Lather: Muhle Sandalwood
Brush: Simpson Classic c1 synthetic
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (2)
Post-shave: Cold water, Alum block and GFT Ecris Skinfood

20220410_071211.jpg

20220410_072259.jpg

20220410_073657.jpg

I am currently on Vacation in Wales and so Im now able to use my travel shave gear as travel shave gear. I now have a bbs face, but also some minor Irritation.

Vintage April
View attachment 1437263
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed (England)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Royal EdT Spray
View attachment 1437264
Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11723084
I love that blade.
Every time I use the Med Prep it surprises me.
Perfect blance between sharp and smooth.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
For today's travel shave I took out the "1932" Pre-war Canadian Tech. This is a great version of the Tech, which exhibits a bit more efficiency than the comparable USA model. Nice DFS result. It lacks the mojo and panache of the British Flat Bottom, or the Hybrid. But it shaves just as well. Paired with a Polsilver SI blade, this is a nice shaver. Accompanying software included my standard travel kit: Arko, and PAA Planet 9 Star Jelly. The Yaqi Space Timberwolf was the brush of choice for this trip.

2022-04-10 07.24.24.jpg

Top Bottom