What's new

Vindaloo, Hot and Sour Pork from Goa, India

Mmmm vindaloo. I'm lucky that I the whole Northwestern side of Columbus is becoming very Indian/Indo-China and Indian markets are everywhere!

I might have to make some now...

I just made goat vindaloo. There was 'nuff vin-sauce left over that I decided to use it on sliders made from pulled pork from before. Since my vindaloo has birds-eye and habanero chile, it's better to serve as a sauce on the side opposed to smothering the delicious slow roasted for 8 hours whole pork loin in the vindaloo. Delish with yogurt and cukes, yogurt slaw, sliced onion and tomato. You will need beer. Ha!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I just made goat vindaloo. There was 'nuff vin-sauce left over that I decided to use it on sliders made from pulled pork from before. Since my vindaloo has birds-eye and habanero chile, it's better to serve as a sauce on the side opposed to smothering the delicious slow roasted for 8 hours whole pork loin in the vindaloo. Delish with yogurt and cukes, yogurt slaw, sliced onion and tomato. You will need beer. Ha!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! That sounds awesome! :w00t:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to B&B chieko

That sounds a nice and spice vindaloo. Any photos, we live for photos

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Vindaloo as per the OP's recipe. Except I'm using Lamb diced shoulder, birds eye chilli and Teja Chilli.

$20160910_112107.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Chris, you're in an Indian curry mood. Same here (that's funny). Tonight I made curried lentil Dahl in the slow cooker. My spice grinder bit the dust so I used my Turkish grinder for gloves and cardamon pods.

...I'm full.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It's Owen you got me thinking of a curry after he posted what his work mate brought in for him.
With the southerly blast coming through here it's cold today so a Chilli was on the menu, then I saw Owens post and curry it is.

That is no good that your grinder died, lucky you have that hand grinder as a back up.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Done and dusted. It was a good hot for me but way to hot for the wife. She tried some with a glass of milk. The milk was finished but could only do a few pieces of the vindaloo.
I found the heat hot but just right. The flavour was excellent for me but the wife could taste nothing by heat. :devil:

She loved the pork vindaloo I made last year, so will make this recipe again at a later date but at a heat level the little woman can handle.......maybe.

$20160910_181232.jpg

Top Bottom