What's new

Vidyut Metallics?

Does anyone know anything about the company Vidyut Metallics that makes SuperMax DE blades?

I have been hearing great things about their products and ordered some of the Supermax Platinums to try but was curious about the company itself if it is a new company or if it has a long history with shaving in India. Does it or has it had any connection to the "Big Players" in shaving (Gillette, Wilkinson Sword etc.)?
Thanks for any info.
Wp

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about the company Vidyut Metallics that makes SuperMax DE blades?

I have been hearing great things about their products and ordered some of the Supermax Platinums to try but was curious about the company itself if it is a new company or if it has a long history with shaving in India. Does it or has it had any connection to the "Big Players" in shaving (Gillette, Wilkinson Sword etc.)?
Thanks for any info.
Wp

No, they are family owned, but getting big. One of the main competitors of Gillette in India. The other big Indian blade maker is Malhotra (also a family bussiness) with Laser, Centwin, Vijay and Topaz. I can get a good shave out of SuperMax.

Last edited:
If something dreadful happened to my se's and injectors and I was forced to start using a double edge razor as the daily weapon of choice, the Vidyut Super-Max Platinums would be my modern blade of choice. I've used most of the mainstream brands and I thought these were by far the best. Of course I'd have to use up the stockpile of vintage blades first.:001_cool:

... the Vidyut Super-Max Platinums would be my modern blade of choice.:001_cool:

That's a ringing endorsement, Tom. You're the first guy I've met who likes 'em that much. I've heard good things about them but they cost so much with shipping to the States that I've got them on the back burner for now.

That's a ringing endorsement, Tom. You're the first guy I've met who likes 'em that much. I've heard good things about them but they cost so much with shipping to the States that I've got them on the back burner for now.

U can get em from Dark's Blade Supply here on the Badger or on Ebay for twelve bucks per hundred delivered.
Wp

I knew somebody carried them real cheap but couldn't remember who it was. I found the ones I have last spring at a flea market in Kentucky, a guy had a basket full of them and Lord blades. Probably had 75 or so priced at 30 cents each for the 6 pack. I grabbed a handful since I figured a nickel a blade was a pretty good price! Next time I'm down there I'll see if he still has any left I'll probably grab a few more.

I've tried the Supermax Platinums and are they are competing for my favorites with KAI and Treet Classics. The shave is smooth and free from irritation and nicks and the blades are inexpensive. Seems like a winner to me.

I've just recently gotten a pack each of Super-Max Platinums and Super-Max Sunrise blades from Dark's razorbladesandmore.com site. I'm setting up for my March Indian Shave madness, where I'll be trying these alongside Topaz Platinum sputtered edge blades and Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharps (one week/six shaves each).

I've found some nice creams (OS Original, Godrej Fresh Lime, Dettol Fresh) at local Indian stores, and I expect I'll be using up my Indian Shulton OS AS. I probably should try to get some of the imported Yardley or Gatsby splashes from maharajashave.com to rotate with, or at least break down and grab the Shulton OS Lime and Musk varieties from WCS.

If something dreadful happened to my se's and injectors and I was forced to start using a double edge razor as the daily weapon of choice, the Vidyut Super-Max Platinums would be my modern blade of choice. I've used most of the mainstream brands and I thought these were by far the best. Of course I'd have to use up the stockpile of vintage blades first.:001_cool:
I've been using a Super-Max Platinum for a week now in my SuperSpeed.

I find them to be serviceable blades, but not as sharp or long-lasting as my standard Derbys or Astra Platinums. I use my bldes for 5-6 shaves each. Today, my SM Plat was noticeably "draggy" on its 5th shave.

I will be trying my 2nd Super-Max this coming week. We'll see how that one shapes up.

Top Bottom