What's new

Vetiver, Any Suggestions?

I haven't tried any vetiver creams yet, just soaps. I'd like to fix that. Can you help with some suggestions, please? I value cushion and post-shave feel (e.g., AoS, CF, SJOL). Thank you!

This is an easy one. Proraso's new Cypress and Vetyver from their single edge line. Great smell and performance. You won't be disappointed.

Now I need to get that Proraso...

Cyril R Salter Vetyver is one of my favorites... I will probably add one to my next shopping.

Some reported that it smells horrid. When I got mine there was something "off" but so do other soaps. Proraso (green) when first opened also smells rather acrid. It dissipates.
Mike's Vetyiver also had that funky smell at first, though to lesser degree.

It needs some airing. Just keep the lid open for a day and give it a good stir a couple of times.
After that, you would have a rather large tub of one of the best creams you can buy, IMO.

I haven't personally tried any of the Stone Cottage products yet, but they offer a vetiver & vanilla cream and David's products have gotten some good reviews here.

A suggestion that's only marginally helpful (haha) since you can't get it, yet:
WSP has introduced shave creams. Vetiver is on the release list, I read last week. I don't recall when, but I seem to think it was fairly soon. If their shave cream is half as good as their soaps, I would expect it to be fantastic.

Crisp Vetiver by The Artisan Shave Shoppe is very nice. Great price and a quality product. I highly recommend. The matching AS balm is quite nice too.

Musgo Real Original (green box/tube). Clean, green Vetiver.

Be careful with Salter's Vetiver....it's the rooty/pungent type.

A suggestion that's only marginally helpful (haha) since you can't get it, yet:
WSP has introduced shave creams. Vetiver is on the release list, I read last week. I don't recall when, but I seem to think it was fairly soon. If their shave cream is half as good as their soaps, I would expect it to be fantastic.

Their creams are excellent and worth the price of admission. I haven't checked the release schedule, but I might have to add their vetiver cream to the must buy list.

Their creams are excellent and worth the price of admission. I haven't checked the release schedule, but I might have to add their vetiver cream to the must buy list.

I am not usually a shave cream guy, preferring soaps, but WSP has really impressed me. I can see an order of one of their creams in my future...

Simpsons Lavender and Vetiver is excellent. I liked it. Check the reviews on here and at vendors who sell it. It comes in a nice metal screw pot and doesn't have any dye coloring the cream.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I just pulled the trigger on this:
proxy.php

I'll return with some thoughts after I've had a chance to use it.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I just pulled the trigger on this:
proxy.php

I'll return with some thoughts after I've had a chance to use it.
You will like it....on top I believe tha CS is heavyly underrated...or to be precise flying under the radar..

Tam

Top Bottom