What's new

Veterans Day - Thank You to All those who Served!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
To One and All:
365404-b3bc1a565c0155197eea3b34da117348.jpg
Tomorrow, let us never forget that words can never convey enough..., but "Thank You for Your Service", is but one small tribute to all our of men and women in uniform ('the salt of the earth'), who have served and those serving today!!!
CIB (2).jpg

For it was written long time ago;

"The highest tribute one can bestow upon our Veterans is not how we honor them: but how we
remember them". Author Unknown

Have a Happy (and safe), Veterans Day! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
"You will never know the true nature of your nationality: until your nation calls you to serve". CBJ

Thanks to all who served! :thumbup:

I feel I should know this for sure, but, isn't veterans date celebrated on Nov. 11th because that's when the First World War ended?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Does next year mark the 100th anniversary of Armistice day? Getting rusty in my old age when it comes to remembering history...

Thank you to my Dad. From his obituary two years ago this Christmas, written by my sister (if it was written by me there would’ve been more dirty jokes).

He fought in Burma as an Officer Cadet and then as a Private with the Queen’s Royal Regiment. Three near misses proved that he was like a cat with lives to spare. In one instance, he was the leader of a section until a more senior officer took his place. Two days later, a grenade landed at the feet of his replacement. If the switch had not occurred, the grenade could have landed at Alex’s feet. Not long after that, Alex was ordered to scout a ridge ahead of his company with 10 other men. He was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper and while recovering in hospital, the plane flying the rest of his platoon was shot down with no one surviving.

A cat with nine lives indeed, and it wasn’t until he was in his mid 80’s he felt comfortable enough to tell us about the war.

Thanks again Dad.

At my workplace this morning, where a scant few of us had to go to work to get stuff done, we had a Veterans Day celebration at 9:15 am with donuts and Mimosas. Our guest of honor was a volunteer (I work at a non-profit) who is a 67 year-old Vietnam war veteran. He sent his medals (including a Purple Heart and a Silver Star) back to the Government 32 years ago, out of a sense of remorse, confusion, anger and a bunch of other conflicting emotions. The Government recently sent his medals back to him, and he's fine with that. He's now got them framed, hanging on his wall. A tremendous fellow, whom we all toasted with our Mimosas. God bless all the veterans.

Top Bottom