What's new

VDH Deluxe Getting Hard To Find!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I don't get it. This was my go-to soap for a very, very long time. Now I don't see it at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, groceries, anywhere. It is still shown on the VDH website. Why are retailers no longer stocking this once omnipresent soap? I am on my last puck. I liked it, I still like it, and I am not going to change or try anything new. I don't roll that way.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I don't like the Luxury. I like the Deluxe. Not trying anything different anymore. I like what I like, so no reason to change. Just venting because the major retailers are no longer carrying my soap because I don't matter, and I am supposed to go along with their program like a good little sheep.

Next time I am in the Middle East I am bringing back a lifetime supply of Godrej Rich Lather. And they BETTER HAVE IT.

I suspect the on-line retailing boom is going to greatly reduce the selection on store shelves. Just a matter of economics, it's impossible to stock a store with stuff that never sells and make money.

Sad but true. My local grocery now does not stock DE blades (private brand Personnas from Israel), I assume because the two packages I bought had been hanging there since the store opened and the space generates more revenue when filled with six blade (gack) cartridge razors.

I'm afraid it will get worse before it gets better, too.....

I suspect the on-line retailing boom is going to greatly reduce the selection on store shelves. Just a matter of economics, it's impossible to stock a store with stuff that never sells and make money.

Sad but true. My local grocery now does not stock DE blades (private brand Personnas from Israel), I assume because the two packages I bought had been hanging there since the store opened and the space generates more revenue when filled with six blade (gack) cartridge razors.

I'm afraid it will get worse before it gets better, too.....
+1 on that observation & with these Artisan soap makers on every blade of grass its tough for the brick & mortar stores to sell shave soap & make a profit IMO.

I don't like the Luxury. I like the Deluxe. Not trying anything different anymore. I like what I like, so no reason to change. Just venting because the major retailers are no longer carrying my soap because I don't matter, and I am supposed to go along with their program like a good little sheep.

Next time I am in the Middle East I am bringing back a lifetime supply of Godrej Rich Lather. And they BETTER HAVE IT.
Slash,
PM your info, and I’ll hook you up with a couple pucks. I’ll never use them, as I’m getting addicted to GD.

Couldn't hurt to ask about it at customer services. Just letting them know that someone wants it may get it back on the stock list. I' don't use it anymore, but I had noticed that it was no longer on the shelves in the Denver area also.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Slash,
PM your info, and I’ll hook you up with a couple pucks. I’ll never use them, as I’m getting addicted to GD.

Thanks but shipping is probably more than retail price. The stores need to just start keeping it in stock.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Couldn't hurt to ask about it at customer services. Just letting them know that someone wants it may get it back on the stock list. I' don't use it anymore, but I had noticed that it was no longer on the shelves in the Denver area also.

I been cussing store managers right and left. They want to sell that stupid Cremo and Edge Gel and all kinds of BS cream and canned goo. I am supposed to change MY likes and dislikes to suit THEIR profit margin, which from me will be zero.

Haha...I feel your pain but it's completely understandable. Statistically very few people shave with a brush and therefore very few people buy that particular product. If I ran that store I wouldn't carry it either.

You can buy a 12 pack on Amazon for what amounts to about $1.50/puck and that will last you for almost two years. How hard is that? :)

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
There are Some Walgreens that carry the VDH. Not all. You might chat with the mgr at your store. Maggard sells Godrej rounds, BTW.

Dont want Godrej rounds. Want VDH Deluxe. Don't want to order online. Want to grab, pay, and go. I sometimes use Godrej Rich Lather cream in the red tube because it is less than a buck and is fantastic lather, and in the Middle East I can go in and grab, pay, and go. But rather have VDH Deluxe.

I've never understood why stores will carry the low-end VDH brush/bowl/Deluxe soap kit, but don't carry the soap. One local grocery chain blew out their Deluxe pucks a year or so ago for 1.50 apiece, but still carry the little starter kits with the plastic-handled boar brush.

I thought I was the only one on the planet who hates ordering online. I live in the most convenient city in the world (NYC) and I get really irritated if I can't pick something up locally.

I thought I was the only one on the planet who hates ordering online. I live in the most convenient city in the world (NYC) and I get really irritated if I can't pick something up locally.

You're fortunate... you can pop over to Pasteur's any old time and pick up ANYTHING. Except Arko sticks. I've been there about three times and it seems that they just don't carry it, which is weird, given that they carry EVERYTHING ELSE.

Top Bottom