What's new

Valobra Menthol $7.99 with Free Shipping

Got me two chunks this morning ($15.98 shipped). It'll go nicely in my soap stockpile with the two bricks of Klar Kabinett I have. Don't worry..... Valobra Menthol is NOT rumored to be discontinued :wink2: .

Ben

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Gah! "This item is not available for international shipping" has popped up every time I've looked at sale items. *sigh*

Site not working for me...

EDIT: ordered by phone. I can't remember the exact price tag on this soap when I saw it at Planete Rasoir, but I know $8 and change shipped is considerably cheaper!

Last edited:
I've been using this soap all week and after adjusting to the clay like scent it's been a great performer. I added what was left of the Proraso to it which upped the menthol a wee bit. Perfect.

I could not get the promo code to work with the Liggett's

I think this is because Valobra is on 'clearance' (discontinued) and Liggett's is just a 'special' (temp promo - but item will be restocked). Coupon code is for clearance items only. Sorry man!

Received & have been using this Valobra Menthol for a couple of days and I *really* like it.

The reviews I read were mixed - but this stuff is great. The best menthol cream/soap out there for sure.

Received & have been using this Valobra Menthol for a couple of days and I *really* like it.

The reviews I read were mixed - but this stuff is great. The best menthol cream/soap out there for sure.

Glad you like the Valobra and the soap does perform well but YMMV is recommended on the tag: "best menthol cream/soap out there for sure"

Would love to hear your feedback on this shampoo bar. I have found shampoo soaps to be very drying in the past.

I hear ya. I'm using Liggett's right now and have been using it for quite awhile. My hair tends to be dry but the Liggett's works well without adding to the dryness problem. I've used it with and without a cider vinegar rinse and it's good either way. The rinse, however, seems to add a bit of shine and smoothness.

Got my two bars of Valobra today from West Elm. Basically two for the price of one. Great deal. I'm all stocked up on Valobra now though...... one chunk in an IKEA Grundtal container and three boxes stockpiled in the den.

Ben

Got my two bars of Valobra today from West Elm. Basically two for the price of one. Great deal. I'm all stocked up on Valobra now though...... one chunk in an IKEA Grundtal container and three boxes stockpiled in the den.

Ben

Wow - you must really like Valobra! :) Which I can understand because I really like this soap as well. What appeals to me most is the minimalistic approach this soap takes. I know people have complained about not enough menthol & not enough fragrance - but this is precisely what I like about this soap.

On a related note - I actually got very poor lather today with Valobra. Why? I think its because
(a) I moved to my Vulfix badger (Vs the my std boar): I always get less lather with badger (vs boar)
(b) Treated this soap like a cream and face lathered: I think if you want to treat it like a cream - bow lathering might be better.

Shave was fine but I produced 1/5th the lather compared to what I got in the past 2 shaves. This aligns with what others have said before about treating Valobra like a soap (not a cream) - especially if you face lather.

Last edited:
Top Bottom