What's new

Ustraa Aftershave Balm

Hello folks,

I used a new product today and did not find any write-up / review about it on the forum:

proxy.php

It is an aftershave balm made in India and marketed by an Indian brand "Happily Unmarried" and the tagline "Not tested on animals, only on rascals." boasts a sense of humour similar to the brand name itself. The balm comes in a PET jar with a tin cap and is packaged inside a tin container that has an old world feel to it.

proxy.php

Personal opinion, the tin gives it a fancy feel but adds certain cheapness to it, could have been avoided. The PET jar is nice though.

The balm claims to be SLS & Paraben free.

proxy.php

Sadly, the ingredients do not mention Camphor or Menthol despite the website saying camphor somewhere. There is a definite cooling effect with this balm, so either of the two (probably both) ingredients are definitely present. There is a strong scent of Camphor in the balm. Difficult to attribute it entirely to essential oils.

Ustraa Aftershave Balm is available in two "potencies" Strong and Mild. The website says Strong stings and mild doesn't.

Once you open the jar, the consistency of the balm/cream is a little unusual. Here is a comparison shot with Prorasso, my usual prep go to.

proxy.php

Today I did not use Proraso in my prep routine since I was using Zerotox Rosemary & Mint shave soap. This soap has received a lot of negative reviews on B&B but I like this soap. It does dry very quickly if I use Proraso pre shave. So on days when I lather up with Zerotox, I use Suthol as a preshave. I doubt if it is intended to be a shaving product but I love the result.

proxy.php

Coming back to Ustraa, this balm has a very cool and soothing feeling to it. I did not experience the sting though. However, the balm me my face feel unusually sticky within a couple of minutes. It was not sticky to touch but the overall feeling on the face was sticky. This feel went away after half an hour.

I did like this aftershave but I like Boutique Bio Plantain better due to the warm fragrance of spices that boutique has.

proxy.php

Ustraa is likely to frequent my shaves during the summer months.

If any of you have used this Aftershave Balm, kindly share your thoughts.

Top Bottom