What's new

USPS, "no access to delivery location" old man rant

So, in the past couple weeks Ive bought 2 razors off Ebay and they both got delayed by supposed, "no access to delivery location". I live in a duplex that is not fenced in and theres no reason why they wouldnt have access. Its just funny that they supposedly had no access but they were able to deliver the rest of my mail and I was home the whole time and no one knocked on my door.
Ive read online that sometimes if they have too many packages and cant get everything done on time they will mark it as no acess and just deliver it tomorrow but its annoying.

I'm pretty sure I got scammed by some stupid rose company (called dose of roses). I ordered the wife a galaxy rose. Said it shipped on the 7th (guaranteed delivery by valentine's day) but after 2 weeks I checked UPS and they had no updates. So I called UPS and the rose company never delivered anything to them.

Sent numerous emails to the rose company, but not one answer back from them. I only wish I would have done 1minute of research on them. I would have found out that there are hundreds of complaints about people not getting their merchandise.

I hope you get your razors man.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A wild guess is a fill in postman. Someone covering a shift that is not their normal route. They don’t know or don’t care to do their job.

Twice I’ve got a “sorry we missed you” postcard in the mailbox on days I was home literally, allllllll dayyyyyy. So no, you didn’t miss me, you just didn’t want to drive down the driveway and get out of your truck to give me the package that wouldn’t fit in the mailbox. The regular guy has no issue doing this. So I assume it was someone filling in.

Legion

Staff member
Where I live they don't even attempt to deliver at all. The parcel delivery guy drops them all off at once at the post office, and if you are lucky you might get a note telling you to go pick it up yourself. Sometimes you don't even get that. My kid had a Christmas present returned to sender because we didn't even know it had been sent.

It is BS, and another way big business (or in this case the postal service) saves money at their customers expense.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
One day Our 12 apts. did not get mail. A postman said, ‘My key gets jammed in the lock. ‘ So I told the owner of our 12 the situation. Then that key hole got fixed.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sometimes it pays to live in a small country town. Our Mailman will try the front door if at least one of our cars are home. If there is no cars in the driveway he will leave a card in the mailbox. If the parcel is too big for the mail and comes with the mail courier, they know where to leave it if we are not home. When we are not home and I get the card and walk into the Post Office, nine times out of ten the Postal Clerk will walk out the back and get the parcel ready for me to collect while I am in the line before I get to the Postal desk. Small country towns sometimes do rock.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Consider yourselves lucky that you have USPS. I have a SR parcel sitting in the PhilPost sorting centre waiting to be delivered to my local PO, only 5.6km (3.5 miles) away, for collection. It has been sitting their for three weeks now. No, I cannot go and pick it up. PhilPost will only release it from the delivery PO.

In the Philippines, you never ask yourself "why" more than once a day or you go crazy.

USPS is infuriating. I’ve recently ordered two items from outside the US and both were shipped registered mail (signature required). I live in a condo complex where the mailboxes are in a cluster a couple hundred feet from my door. Both times they just left a note in the mailbox saying they couldn’t leave it because a signature was required. Like, you were expecting me to pop out of the mailbox and sign for it? Of course I couldn’t sign for it, I don’t live in the mailbox! Try bringing it to my door! And I know they didn’t because both times I was home all day and plus they would have left the note on my door if they had, not in the mailbox.

I have no experience of USPS from the delivery side, beyond a cigar cutter that was delivered to my nephew EXACTLY when the website said it would be.

But I will refuse to purchase items I want if the vendor will not ship USPS. Courier companies are CRAP for international customers, always adding on spurious fees and transaction costs that, while you can dispute them, the cost often outweighs the value of doing so, so you just end up taking it in the hoop to get your stuff.

I have always said, there is a good reason that the corporate colour for UPS is BROWN.

Probably like a third of the time I use FedEx here they will not deliver on time for ridiculous reasons.

Last time it happened it was documents that I had overnighted to me, and delivered to a commercial address just so someone would be there to receive it even though it didn't need to be signed.

Anyway, I was there and watched the truck drive by.

Apparently no delivery was attempted because the “business was closed”. On a Tuesday afternoon with cars in the lot, the lights on and door open.

The last mile service here really sucks.

I live in a town of about 30,000. Our USPS delivery has been superb. We have had the same woman deliver our mail for the past 20 years, except the days when she is off. She does a wonderful job. We have gotten to know her well over those years. When we had a dog, we introduced them so the dog would treat her as one of the family.

If it snows, we always clear a path to our rural mailbox so she can easily reach it without leaving her truck. We also clear a path up the driveway in case there is a package to big for the box. We do not want her to slip and fall. Yesterday, she had a large package to deliver, so she carried the box to the front porch. Our other mail was wrapped in a rubber band and placed beneath the package so we did not have to walk out to the box to retrieve it. She rang our doorbell to let us know the package had arrived. When we retrieved the package, we waved and shouted "Thank You".

Once she delivered our mail to the box, but forgot to deliver a package. At the end of her route, she came back and delivered it to our front door so we would not have to wait until the next day.

USPS does allow postal employees to receive gifts of nominal value such as a cold drink on a hot day or a hot cup of coffee and a doughnut on a cold day, but the gifts most welcomed by postal workers might be a warm smile, a friendly gesture, and kind words of thanks. Postal carriers don't have an easy job; sometimes they are out in difficult conditions. Words and gestures of appreciation will go a long way to make your postal worker feel appreciated and encourage them to provide the kind of service you expect from them.

This has happened to me and I have no front fence. I was sitting on the porch, the UPS driver drove up. Parked in front of my house. Delivered a package to the neighbor. Got in and left. My package was "out for delivery". Then the "no access...." thing. Made me mad. I called UPS the next morning. The guy made a mistake. I know he made a mistake. I can forgive a mistake if a person admits it and makes it right.

The driver that delivers to our business knows that, of the three businesses, that are in our building one of us is there and we all accept each others' packages. If no one is there he knows where to leave stuff and he never fails. Fed-Ex is another story. I swear that PIA drives up to within arms reach of my door, reaches out his window and puts the delivery attempted sticker on my door and bails. Jerk. Doesn't matter if I am there or not.

I’ve always had excellent service with FedEx. Always deliver on time and sometimes earlier. UPS is another story and the packages aren’t in the best shape.

I have had USPS tracking say: delivered and I was home and the package was NOT delivered. 2 times they delivered 1-2d later. Once they insisted they had delivered....till I spoke w super who had access to GPS and my package was dropped at someone else's house.....

I have had USPS tracking say: delivered and I was home and the package was NOT delivered. 2 times they delivered 1-2d later. Once they insisted they had delivered....till I spoke w super who had access to GPS and my package was dropped at someone else's house.....

This is another good reason to get to know you normal USPS carrier. If they know who you are, they are far less likely to misdeliver mail. It is also good to get to know your neighbors so if they get your mail or package, they will get it to you.

The razor was delivered today and left in my mailbox. No worries. It just annoys me when they arent honest. If youre short-staffed, I get it and its OK. Dont just lie to people and say there was no access to the mailbox for no good reason.

At least you get a notice saying "we don't care"

If you lived where I do, that notice might not get to you for months.

Last week we had our fowarded mail delivered in a big postal bin. The postmarks went back as far as 4 months before the entire lot was fowarded.

Legion

Staff member
I live in a town of about 30,000. Our USPS delivery has been superb. We have had the same woman deliver our mail for the past 20 years, except the days when she is off. She does a wonderful job. We have gotten to know her well over those years. When we had a dog, we introduced them so the dog would treat her as one of the family.

If it snows, we always clear a path to our rural mailbox so she can easily reach it without leaving her truck. We also clear a path up the driveway in case there is a package to big for the box. We do not want her to slip and fall. Yesterday, she had a large package to deliver, so she carried the box to the front porch. Our other mail was wrapped in a rubber band and placed beneath the package so we did not have to walk out to the box to retrieve it. She rang our doorbell to let us know the package had arrived. When we retrieved the package, we waved and shouted "Thank You".

Once she delivered our mail to the box, but forgot to deliver a package. At the end of her route, she came back and delivered it to our front door so we would not have to wait until the next day.

USPS does allow postal employees to receive gifts of nominal value such as a cold drink on a hot day or a hot cup of coffee and a doughnut on a cold day, but the gifts most welcomed by postal workers might be a warm smile, a friendly gesture, and kind words of thanks. Postal carriers don't have an easy job; sometimes they are out in difficult conditions. Words and gestures of appreciation will go a long way to make your postal worker feel appreciated and encourage them to provide the kind of service you expect from them.
I would be happy to provide the person who has been outsourced and paid by my postal service to deliver my packages a smile, but sadly I have never seen them, as making the trip to the recipients houses is too much trouble for them.

I'm pretty sure I got scammed by some stupid rose company (called dose of roses). I ordered the wife a galaxy rose. Said it shipped on the 7th (guaranteed delivery by valentine's day) but after 2 weeks I checked UPS and they had no updates. So I called UPS and the rose company never delivered anything to them.

Sent numerous emails to the rose company, but not one answer back from them. I only wish I would have done 1minute of research on them. I would have found out that there are hundreds of complaints about people not getting their merchandise.

I hope you get your razors man.

Your roses have arrived.

1582371665706.png

Top Bottom