What's new

Shave Nation Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the responses.

I did not change my original username (SRD4LIFE) because I have mod privileges and like to draw suspicion on myself. I changed it because a moderator contacted me and told me to provide a replacement username because referencing a commercial vendor was inappropriate.

My thoughts regarding this transaction were similar to what another poster expressed, namely wondering how the business could possibly be in business. Then I thought about how I gave them my money, a process that consisted of a) looking up paddle strops for sale and b) finding only positive reviews.

As a result, I posted a review that accurately reflected my experience with Shave Nation. This has subsequently been met with conspiracy theories that I am a doo rag hater (I am not). Voicing my positive experiences with Straight Razor Designs has likewise been met with conspiracy theories that I am a guerrilla marketer of some kind (if that is what “paid shill” means, in which case, again, I am not). Apparently the correct solution is to not post at all and be a lurker, which incidentally is my normal preference anyway, least of all because writing and sharing the details of a now almost 2-month long transaction debacle with a like-minded community takes enough time out of my day. Taking additional time to respond to accusations about my true motives or identity- or targeting me with an air strike while minimizing “collateral damage,” apparently- is pushing the boundaries of my concern level for what should be an enjoyable hobby anyway. I am not trying to sway where anyone shops, nor do I care where anyone shops. Everyone on the forum could donate his life savings to Shave Nation and it would not impact my life in any way.

However, if someone had a negative experience as I did, with any business, I would prefer to find out about it during my own searches for reviews prior to placing an order. Everything I stated in my review is factual and not intended in any way as a personal attack. I posted a picture of the strop. I detailed my entire experience in writing down to staggering levels of detail. I could post my emails to Shave Nation with dates to confirm the timeline I wrote about, but it wouldn't do much good because I never received any responses. I don't know what else I could post to prove my case, nor do I care about trying to convince anyone who wouldn't take a review at face value anyway. If you think I wasted my time and yours by writing this dissertation of a review because I receive money for influencing customers, fine. If you think I am telling the truth and are grateful for me sharing my experience, fine. If you don't want to read my post and choose to comment on it anyway, fine. I'm just posting a review; nothing is life or death here.

My order number was 16555, placed on April 5th. I posted my review on May 31[SUP]st[/SUP] because it was the same day that I had my final phone conversation with Shave Nation. If that timing seems suspect, I would submit that is was a simple case of cause and effect.

I’m not sure if I am supposed to apologize for my post count or lack thereof, or if there is a minimum number of posts before I can share reviews that some may appreciate reading, whether positive or negative, without them being met with wild conjecture on my motivations. At any rate, as I’ve stated, I prefer to be a lurker anyway and the unfolding responses from this thread are not making me regretful of that choice in the least.

Thanks
Jason

Just wanted to say I have placed a couple orders with Shave Nation and never had a problem. I also enjoy his videos

I've only had good experiences with both shave nation and straight razor design, not to mention italian barber and west coast shaving. All of them have gotten me my products in quick fashion.

Jason, both good and poor reviews are welcome on the B&B. I hope you continue to post and enjoy the site.

Just wanted to say I have placed a couple orders with Shave Nation and never had a problem. I also enjoy his videos

I generally avoid threads like this, but figured I would add my 2 cents. I have also ordered from Shave Nation a couple times. The first time was a few years ago and I had no issues, but I placed an order a couple months ago and my experience was very similar to the member that started this thread. The order was a gift. I paid for priority mail. 2 weeks later I had no order so I attempted to reach them by email and phone to no avail. At that point I had no gift to give so I placed an order for the same items with Bullgoose and I had it 2 days later. A week later my order arrived from Shave Nation. There was no note in the package. I never received a reply to my emails or message. I sold the duplicate gear at a loss on the BST.

The above is not intended as a judgment on Geo, his business or videos. It is simply what happened. Each of us has a choice where to take our business, and if your choice is Shave Nation that is great. If it is SRD that is great too. (Bullgoose is my guy.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48987

I haven't had any experience with Shave Nation but I appreciate the review, which I believe to be genuine. You guys don't think having a horrible experience with a vendor might inspire someone to join up and write about it to others? A lot of people have chimed in about positive experiences with Shave Nation, but I always find it odd when people say a vendor is awesome simply for sending items on time and in good condition. Isn't this just a bare minimum? I'm not saying a vendor should do any more than that, but I do think the way they handle problems with orders matters. In this case, it didn't seem to be handled very well at all.

I haven't had any experience with Shave Nation but I appreciate the review, which I believe to be genuine. You guys don't think having a horrible experience with a vendor might inspire someone to join up and write about it to others? A lot of people have chimed in about positive experiences with Shave Nation, but I always find it odd when people say a vendor is awesome simply for sending items on time and in good condition. Isn't this just a bare minimum? I'm not saying a vendor should do any more than that, but I do think the way they handle problems with orders matters. In this case, it didn't seem to be handled very well at all.

Of course a bad experience could cause someone to join up. It just causes suspicion and becomes quite questionable when 1) you bash a vendor for half a page on your first post, 2) you praise another vendor heavily in your first post, 3) you sign up under the user name of "praised vendor 4 life".

If the goal was to warn people about bad service, this doesn't seem to be the best way to go about it if you want your audience to focus on the review/message.

Stropman, I now concur. I will retain myself from going into detail but I do not ever see another purchase from them in my future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom