What's new

Used a Feather for the first time in years.

In my 1904 it was just like a GSB or Yellow. Years ago in my EJ89 I had to go real slow. This was not the case with my Merkur. Excellent blade, razor too.

Glad things worked so well! Improved technique is the best explanation IMO. Congratulations! :a14::a14:

This probably reflect the 1904 vs DE89 general characteristics. My 1904, despite being an OC, is milder and less efficient than the Merkur.

If I tried to cut myself with my 1904 I don't think I could.
Hah! It was the first DE razor I bought. After several tries, I couldn't get it to shave. I couldn't figure-out what was wrong. Then I bought my DE89, and for the first time I got a decent DE shave.

Now several years later, I probably should break it out and try it again as an experienced DE shaver. But I'm not optimistic. It sure has a beautiful handle, though.

Ive had a bit of a feather reunion myself and like them more second time around.
My technique hasn't changed much I think Im just using razors with good heads.

OK, I just used a Feather blade after years just yesterday and today in my AS-D2. My go to blade is Kai, but I ran out and was waiting for my order to arrive. In the mean time, I had a box of 5 Feathers in the box of my AS-D2 which I bought several years ago.

Got amazing shaves. I used to find it too aggressive to be used 2 days in a row, but not this time. More than technique, I think the change is due to using MdC.

Top Bottom