What's new

132 Blades - Gillette Silver Blue Stainless - high scoring but with issues

To start off, I'm not sure if I am testing a different blade or just an older or newer version of the previous GSB. Whatever the answer, this edition of the blade was a solid, if bloody, performer. Like the first GSB, weepers were almost always too small to see with the naked eye and detected only on the white TP blotted on my face after each shave. Has I counted weepers and bleeders I could see, I would have counted 2 bleeders on the final shave and maybe 3-4 weepers across all of the shaves. The blade was smooth/sharp to be sure, just like the previous GSB but this one did have some differences. The most notable one was the sound I heard on my last shave (reminded me of a sound you would hear on a Loony Tunes cartoon) as the blade did feel like it wanted to bite a bit, and this one did.

Having said all that, it scored a very respectable 8.33 placing it in a tie for 7th overall. Like the previous GSB, if I had more time with the blades, maybe a full tuck, I know the blood would become very minimal over time. In looking at only shaves 1-4, the blade moves up from a tie for 7th to a tie for 5th place. Will the GSB be in my final run-off, likely not. While Gillette is the only brand with more than 1 blade in my top 10 so far, Personna and Lord have not yet entered the house. I did buy 200 Nacent recently though, with supply becoming iffy from Russia and the report of production moving, I couldn't deny myself more of that particular blade.

I retired the blade at 6 shaves because it had reached a score of 0 for weepers. Charts are provided.

1701129883418.png

1701129946529.png

1701129979298.png

Top Bottom