What's new

Use This Razor Or Not?

The last time I shaved with an injector was about forty years ago, while I was in the Navy. I recently acquired the unused Schick G1 injector set shown below. It's not mint. The outer cardboard box is worn, the printing on the inner case is faded (As a matter of fact there are a couple of sticky spots on the case's lining.), and the original blade cartridge has a little pitting. The set seems to be complete though. The razor still has the blank installed, and I'm pretty sure the blade cartridge still has all twenty blades. So, my question is, "Do I put a blade from a new cartidge in the razor and shave, or do I leave it unused since it's a complete set?". Any idea how common or rare these late 40s Schick sets are? Your opinions are welcome.

-Clarke

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

its really up to you. i say go for it, BUT, if you want to leave it alone as a complete set you can do that too; you can find that model and many others on ebay for very reasonable prices. also, if you look well enough (also on ebay), you can find NOS schick and gillette injector blades, which im sure you know, are FAR superior to the ones made today by ASR.

I second that for sure. Lots of fellows here use them and swear by them. If you have some blades, by all means give it a try....Enjoy!!!

I have a few of them..All with eBay roots..The straight edge blades shave very close..I'll always have one around..Ted Pella blades are available should you need a source for new blades..Shave smooth..

Shave Cat

They're good razors and since they have no moving or detachable parts they are hard to damage. I left the old blade pack in mine alone and bought new Schick blades. It shaved so well I bought another.

Enjoy

Graham

I have one my rotation and love it. If I over sleep or need to shave and be gone it's the razor I reach for to get the best shave in the smallest amount of time. All mine were found on hunting, I mean shopping, forays into flea markets and/or antique stores so I haven't found one as clean as yours yet. But all I have found clean up great and shave well.

Top Bottom