What's new

Upgrading my daily coffee process

Sadly, they don't make a giant aeropress, but if you like the coffee one produces, you could certainly do two or three in parallel. I have a friend who swears by his aeropress.

also, there are several electric makers now that claim to not be drip, but claim to be a pourover. Gizmodo particularly loved the bodum bistro, but the reviews suggest that these have long-term reliability issues.

which kinda makes me want to try throwing ground coffee and near-boiling water into a thermos for five minutes to steep, then pouring into a big vacuum pot top to filter into the bottom.
I have all the equipment to try it...I just don't drink coffee. Sorry. I love the science of it, just can't stand the taste.

I was sure this was going to be a thread about butter in your coffee. I prefer cream.

I use a manual burr grinder and a french press. The manual grind is not too long, but my wife and sister-in-law won't use it as it is too much of a workout. Since I got it, I am the coffeemaker or something to that effect. I don't make coffee every day, as I drink a cup or sometimes two in a day. I get a good 3 to 4 out of the french press, so I pour it off the grounds and drink it cold the next day. Some might cringe at this admission, but it tastes good to me and keeps the labor down(meaning you could get a large press, make several days worth and cut down labor in that way). But even if you make it every day, it is less time than it takes to heat the water so you aren't adding a significant step to your morning routine(imo).

If you wanted a good sturdy hand grinder, I would recommend the Orphan Espresso Lido.

If you wanted the more convenience you could get one of those drip machines that supports brewing directly into a travel mug. There are a number of options but one that comes to mind is the Breville Grind Control, which may be the ultimate in ease of use along with proper brewing temperatures. A Video clip discussing its mug brewing support.

Top Bottom