What's new

Unsure about safety razors

I have become the proud owner of some safety razors recently. Unfortunately I am having a little problem identifying them. I think the smaller one is a Travel Tech but just want to verify it.

The other issue I have is I normally use Straights so not sure if these will ever see use.

1 is a Fat Handled Tech

3 is a Travel Tech

2 looks like a ball-end Old Type, but that head is different. I'm sure it's a special variety.

The top one is a fat-handled Tech.

The second one with the diamond-shape studs is a Goodwill model #162. (One of my favorite razors.)

The third one is a travel Tech.

The first is a fat handle Tech. 1940's perhaps. It looks like this one that Mr. Razor has pictured on his site.
proxy.php

The last is a travel tech (I'm guessing early 60's), as you surmised. I'm not sure about the middle razor. Looks kind of like an Old Type or Goodwill, but I'm not finding pics with that style head.

Regardless, you can date them by checking the serial numbers against this chart.

Thanks for the info.. I was wondering if the one with the diamonds was a Goodwill but since I did not see a similar picture in the wiki was unsure.

Top Bottom