What's new

Unscented Cream for a Base

Any suggestions for a good, decently priced, unscented cream I can use as a base to add my own essential oils and make my own scented cream?

I'm considering AoS, as I like the quality of the creams I've tried (Sandalwood, Lavender), but at $22 for 5oz it is a bit pricey.

TOBS? GFT? QCS? Others?:confused1

proxy.php

I find this one really good.

Not so sure this will work. Does the oil need to be heated and infused into the base which is also heated. Perhaps you just plan to use a few drops each day with a dollop and mix as you go which never seems to work right for me.

Thanks all. I think I'll try the KMF. I'm gonna start with cheaper oil (certainly not mysore sandalwood, for example) and rely on B&B (perhaps google also) for some directions on how to mix the oil into the cream.

The reason I suggested the Real Shaving Co. Unscented cream is because it has the same base as higher end creams like Truefitt and Hill. Also for the price you aren't going to be out much at all if your experiment goes bad. I am not confident with the possible outcome of using KMF as a base if you are expecting something more like GFT, AoS or TOBS. KMF is a bit more soupy.

To my knowledge, all the Real Shaving Company creams have a distinct smell. The KMF is really unscented.

FWIW, I don't think you will be able to mix essential oils into a cream and make a scented cream that will function well as a scented cream over a long period of time. If you are to try that you should go with AoS, in my opinion.

But it seems like it would be better to just buy the KMF and the oil. Add a drop of two of the oil to the cream when lathering on a day-to-day basis. That's what I would do.

AoS unscented is superb and really is unscented - it's $22 but will last a long time. You can add essential oil to your shaving cup/bowl each time you shave.
It doesn't take much. 1-2 drops of lavender oil will be quite potent. 1-2 drops of peppermint oil is sufficient.

RSC creams are excellent performers but unscented they are not. I have the moisturizing and the sensitive skin formulas and the both have a fairly strong scent.

Top Bottom