What's new

Unknown razor

My greetings to the whole beautiful team.
I got this nice straight razor but can't find any info on it.
Anyone who knows something should share their knowledge.
Thank you very much!
IMG_20240131_174153.jpg
IMG_20240131_174131.jpg

There is not much known about this razor maker.

H. stands for Hermann. Hermann Geffgen’s profession was grinder and he lived in Höhscheid, which was an independent town until 1929, the year when Höhscheid was merged with the towns 'Solingen', 'Gräfrath', 'Höhscheid', 'Wald' and 'Ohligs' to form the 'City of Solingen'.

He is listed in the address books from 1913 until 1961. A few times he changed his residence: Lindenstr. 22 (1913), Neuenhoferstr. 107 (1929) and Messerstraße 1 (1936 to 1961)

It seems that he registered a business quite late in second half of the 1950’s or in beginning of the 1960’s, I could not determine this more precise.

Probably he worked for other companies, and he manufactured razors under his name as a side business.

No specific trademark is known to me.

There is not much known about this razor maker.

H. stands for Hermann. Hermann Geffgen’s profession was grinder and he lived in Höhscheid, which was an independent town until 1929, the year when Höhscheid was merged with the towns 'Solingen', 'Gräfrath', 'Höhscheid', 'Wald' and 'Ohligs' to form the 'City of Solingen'.

He is listed in the address books from 1913 until 1961. A few times he changed his residence: Lindenstr. 22 (1913), Neuenhoferstr. 107 (1929) and Messerstraße 1 (1936 to 1961)

It seems that he registered a business quite late in second half of the 1950’s or in beginning of the 1960’s, I could not determine this more precise.

Probably he worked for other companies, and he manufactured razors under his name as a side business.

No specific trademark is known to me.
Thanks for the information

Top Bottom