What's new

Ultimate razor?

Guys,

Since most of us on this forum have tried different types of razors, I'd like to hear opinions on what you all think is the "Be-All-End-All" in the world of razors. The one desert island razor that you just could not live without, and that you nearly love more than life itself.

Edwin Jagger? Merkur? Slant? Bakelite Slant? Adjustable DE (eg Gillette Super Speed)? Single edge? Carts? etc etc...

My all time favorite razor is the 1946/47 Gillette Aristocrat. These razors are top notch! If I had to choose one for all time, the Aristocrat would be it.

Ask 100 guys and you may get 90 different answers. I've got a boat load of vintage Gillettes (mostly) that I enjoy, but if I could only take one with me in the lifeboat it would be the Feather AS-D1......say they do have Feather blades on the island right?

My favorite is the Merkur HD 34c. I can see why it's the largest selling razor in the world. It seems to be a perfectly balanced razor.

There is no perfect razor for everyone. You just have to find one that you like which gives you a great shave. Once you find it, never let it go.

If I were going to get stuck with only one razor it would have to be the Merkur Vision 2000.

Close, smooth, easy to handle. Never any surprises.

It just does its job and then sits quietly on the counter waiting its turn

proxy.php

My Gillette NEW lc! Best razor i have.

Edit: Or one of the best. A Single ring Rotbart Mond Extra is certainly a good candidate!

Last edited:
Ask 100 guys and you may get 90 different answers. I've got a boat load of vintage Gillettes (mostly) that I enjoy, but if I could only take one with me in the lifeboat it would be the Feather AS-D1......say they do have Feather blades on the island right?

+1 as much I hate to agree with you, I AGREE!!!! I too have a boat load of British made Rhodium Gillettes but man there is something about the Feather........it s so darn beautiful!!

$T1 Razor.jpg
T1 Handle from Shave A Buck and a Parker head (originally from the 98R). It's good and heavy and is easy to hold onto. Pictures are from Shave a buck and Amazon respectively.
$Parker 98R.jpg

The EVER READY 40'/50's STREAMLINE SE razor.

I am sure there are razors that will give an equal shave to the streamline but as far as a tool for the process, shaving with it is like nothing else out there. Heavy, balanced, nimble, great handle, and sexy looking too.

Top Bottom