What's new

Ugly Brush Handle PIF #4

This handle ended up looking nothing at all like the intended design, and is the direct result of using the heel of my skew to smooth out a bird beak even though I knew I should be using the toe but thinking I was better than I am and getting a catch that caused major chipping of the bird beak around the entire handle in less than the blink of an eye. (pause for breath) 1/60th of a second to be exact, about 10-40 times faster than the blink of an eye on average. How's that for some useless knowledge? Anyhow back to the handle. I had to put it on a crash diet and thin the waist a great deal, as well as making the cup longer than intended. I did the best I could to save it and ended up with this. Kind of an unusual shape, but these are ugly practice handles after all. You get what you pay for. It's up for grabs, and as usual no knot is included. 1" hole that will fit a 22mm knot or a 24mm knot sans glue bump. It's just a hair under 2.25" tall. Just say "I'm in" and it can be yours.

Rules:
1. Unrestricted worldwide shipping! I'll send it anywhere on planet Earth!

2. If you've won or have been gifted a handle from me you're ineligible.

3. You agree to show a picture of the finished handle after you set a knot. I want to see what my kids look like when they're all grown up! You can send me a knot or have it delivered to me direct from the supplier if you're worried about screwing it up ONLY if you are CONUS. Setting a knot is easy though, so don't let it scare you.

That's pretty much it. I'll end the PIF sometime next week and choose a winner from Random.org. Shown with a 24mm two band finest from the now defunct Shave Revolution that would stay down in the hole, so the loft and bloom are a little bigger that they would be if it was glues in. A 24mm badger will fit, but if it has any larger than a 1.4mm glue bump it ain't making it in there.

IMG_1531.JPG IMG_2854.JPG IMG_2857.JPG IMG_2862.JPG IMG_1532.JPG

Not a bad looking handle, in my opinion. Not in, as I just picked up a second brush.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

@rbergum95 - that's a nice way of putting it. It's not my best looking handle, it might not even be my least ugly. It looks like a chalice to me. A big, ugly, striped chalice with too large of a cup. That massive chipout ruined what was a very nice looking design but I hate to waste resin ($110 for 2 gallons) so I did what I could to salvage a handle out of it.

Very cool looking handle Jay! I'll agree that it does not look conventional, but neither does a Ferrari, and we all like those!!! Very nice work Sir!

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

I'm in
That would look awesome with a Tuxedo knot. Wolf Whiskers style knot.

Your Ugly Handles .... I have liked them all so far. That might be bad taste in my part .... personally I think your are on to something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in
That would look awesome with a Tuxedo knot. Wolf Whiskers style knot.

Your Ugly Handles .... I have liked them all so far. That might be bad taste in my part .... personally I think your are on to something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are right about the Tuxedo knot. +1

Top Bottom