What's new

Two E2 Fatboys, Different Handles?

I have 2 Fatboys both E2's but if you look at the pics you'll notice as I did that the handles aren't the same. I do have an E1 with the same handle as the one on the left and a G1 with the handle of the one on the right. Did Gillette just change early in E2 but have enough handles from the E1 design already done so the earlier E2's got the old style Handle?

proxy.php

This leads me to another question. I was planning on selling the E2 on the left and the G1 but they both have the same handle should I keep one of them so I still have my E1 with the old handle and like say the G1 with the new. I would then be selling the E2's problem with that is the old handle style E2 is the first DE I ever bought and I sort of have a soft spot for it. Any ideas?

I'm usually pretty good at spotting the differences between razors, but all I see in that photo is a slightly larger space below the dial on the left razor. Am I missing something?

nope that is the difference. There is the silver space between the dial and the black band in the one on the left and on the one on the right the black band is closer to the dial why is that? Don't get me wrong it's not a big deal just wondering if the band being seperated was only in the older versions or if it was just a wierd happening that came up in production every now and then.

I believe one (or more) of your razors has been disassembled and not properly put back together, resulting in "uncalibrated" adjustments. Try setting all of them to 1 and open the silo doors and see if the adjustment bars all appear to be in the exact same position for all of your Fatboys, then try it again on a 9 setting. I'm guessing you will find that some of them are vastly different. I ran into this about a month ago.

I believe one (or more) of your razors has been disassembled and not properly put back together, resulting in "uncalibrated" adjustments. Try setting all of them to 1 and open the silo doors and see if the adjustment bars all appear to be in the exact same position for all of your Fatboys, then try it again on a 9 setting. I'm guessing you will find that some of them are vastly different. I ran into this about a month ago.

+1 This was exactly my thought when I spotted the diffrence in the portion showing under the dial.

I also agree that you may want to check the adjustments to verify.
It is an easy fix.

No the razors are perfectly fine. The difference is because Gillette stopped using the extra spacer ring for date codes after E1. This E2 is most probably made during the time Gillette switched the manufacturing process and hence this has a ring but that is rare.

No the razors are perfectly fine. The difference is because Gillette stopped using the extra spacer ring for date codes after E1. This E2 is most probably made during the time Gillette switched the manufacturing process and hence this has a ring but that is rare.

So that's why some Fat Boys go for many hundreds of dollars! :wink: :biggrin:

First time I've heard of this....Good to know... I learn a little something every day...Thanks Ram...:thumbup1:

Top Bottom