What's new

"Twenty Grand"

Was browsing my local antique mall today, and found 4 packs of these, $2.50 each. Anyone heard of them? Searching here and with the assistance of google didn't get me much...
proxy.php

Sorry I can't help you with any further information about the blades, but that's a cool piece of advertising art. I like the caption at the bottom; "Your Lucky Strike in Razor Blades". Lucky Strikes were a very popular brand of cigarettes in the 50s. They were distributed free to WW II GI's who then adopted them after the war. Was the blade manufacturing company trying to capitalize on the popularity of the cigarettes? Or maybe the companies were interrelated?.

Having found that, I've found absolutely 0, zip, zilch, nada on the blades, other than some auctions for the counter card pictured above. I'm not sure $10 for 16 blades is a good use of my slush fund.

If the packs you found in that antique mall are like those on the advertising, there are 5 blades to a pack. So that would make 20 blades for $10. It sounds like maybe a blade collector would be interested and you could arrange a trade. Any blade collectors reading this post?

Top Bottom