What's new

Trying Tabac shaving soap for the first time

Welcome to the Old Lady Purse Smell Club! I like a menthol aftershave to compliment mine. It's a polarizing scent but the performance is amazing for most.

I've stated in another thread how much I wanted to NOT like Tabac ( you know the fan boy stuff) But I have to admit it, it's one of my favorite soaps right now :001_smile

I am kind of in the same boat as Goodshaves. I bought into the hype and bought 2 bowls through a good online deal. I had no problems lathering it but it seemed to be lacking glide or slickness to it. But found this soap to like water.
[MENTION=110027]Goodshaves[/MENTION], if you face lather you might want to try bowl lather where you can work more water into the lather. I face lather and I couldn't seem to get it to my liking. I had lots of lather but the feeling wasn't right. I did a test bowl lather and kept adding drops of water until I got the rich shiny lather. The next morning was the test and found out it to be better but really not what I would like in slickness but it was an improvement over the face lather. I have since set it aside as and went back to my regular soap because I am still in search of my number one blade. I do now have a blade I like and am going to give this soap a few more shots to try and work out any problems I maybe having and see if it improves more.

It works for me. Already used it 3 times. With my favorite blades and good prep I achieve close shaves with no nicks or irritation

Top Bottom