What's new

Trumper's Violet

I came across Trumpers Violet shave cream very nice scent, with an incredably intense color. anyone know if this cream will stain my brush SOL G

My brush hasn't been stained by it, when I whip up the lather in a bowl it goes white.

One of my all time favourite creams.

tosolg said:
I came across Trumpers Violet shave cream very nice scent, with an incredably intense color. anyone know if this cream will stain my brush SOL G

Over time your brushes color will fade... period. It is rumored that brightly colored creams will change the color of the bristle tips over time. My feeling on this is - unless you are using a terribly expensive super white tipped shaving brush (like a Plisson HMW or Rooney Finest) then I wouldn't pay any mind to it - and even then, unless you are planning to one day sell the HMW/Finest, i'd still say use the bright colored creams, as what's the point of having a super expensive brush if you cannot enjoy your favorite creams with it? If you are truly concerned over this - you may wish to invest in a cheaper shaving brush for use with bright colored creams.

Personally - I don't pay much attention to it - as the "color" or the bristle doesn't bring me much enjoyment, and for the most part the "look" of the brush doesn't bring me very much enjoyment either as I don't really stare at shaving brushes to look at something beautiful. Since I am more interested in the performance and efficacy of the brush - I personally plan on using my "super white tipped" brushes with any colored soap/cream I am in the mood for. After all.... it is JUST a shaving brush.

joel said:
I personally plan on using my "super white tipped" brushes with any colored soap/cream I am in the mood for. After all.... it is JUST a shaving brush.

BLASPHEMER!!!:em1500:

Top Bottom