What's new

Trumper's soap weight

I recently bought a Trumper's almond refill and while the box says it weighs 80g, when I weighed it myself and it came in at 100g. What prompted me even bothering was that I recently sold a Trumper's soap. When I weighed it to see how much was left, I was surprised to see that it weighed 79g (I was sure that I had used more than 1g of soap). I assume that one must have weighed 100g initially as well. I'm not complaining, but why the discrepancy?

I never weighed mine, but I'd say that they are at least 80g and some people may luck out and get a refill slightly larger.

Fluctuations due to water weight; evaporation or addition of water with use.

A newly cut bar of soap will weigh more than one that has cured for a long time.
Sue

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Fluctuations due to water weight; evaporation or addition of water with use.

A newly cut bar of soap will weigh more than one that has cured for a long time.
Sue

+1

I was thinking that the OP may have been using his soap a few times and it picked up water that way, although it's not clear from his post if he used it.

+1

I was thinking that the OP may have been using his soap a few times and it picked up water that way, although it's not clear from his post if he used it.

No, the 100g weight was the unused soap. It sounds like there could be variations due to water content, but 25%?

Top Bottom