What's new

Trumpers Coconut ..difference

fatony said:
Hey guys,

first post!!!

Trumpers Coconut, there are some in tubes and some in bowls

is there a difference?

Welcome to B&B :badger:

The only difference is the packaging it comes in...tubes are smaller and therefore easier to travel with.

There are tubes and tubs of the cream. They are different in consistency. Personally I think the tubes are sub-par. There is also a soap in a wooden bowl. Obviously, this is a different beast than the cream.

Scotto said:
There are tubes and tubs of the cream. They are different in consistency. Personally I think the tubes are sub-par. There is also a soap in a wooden bowl. Obviously, this is a different beast than the cream.

That has also been my experience with some creams.

The difference is subtle, but is there. The texture of the tubes is very different than the Trumpers tubs. It has to be or it would be very difficult to sqeeze it out of a metal tube. They both shave fine, but I feel the scent and the shave quality are a bit better from the tubs.

I just bought a tub of Trumpers Coconut today and all I can say is wow! I had a tube of Trumpers Violet cream, but the cream in the tub lathers so much faster/better it's unreal. If this is typical than I'd say definately go for the tub rather than the tube.

I got a sample from scotto of the trumper's coconut, after reading the review, and I don't know whether it came from a tube or a tub. I tried it this morning but I think my brush was retaining too much water because whilst it lathered very quickly it seemed very thin. What sort of consistency do others get?

mactrack said:
I got a sample from scotto of the trumper's coconut, after reading the review, and I don't know whether it came from a tube or a tub. I tried it this morning but I think my brush was retaining too much water because whilst it lathered very quickly it seemed very thin. What sort of consistency do others get?
Tub.

This stuff should lather up super thick - keep tryin'!!

I've found that the tubs are more like the cream filling inside Ding Dongs and the tubes are more like toothpaste. The Ding Dongs foam up quicker, the toothpaste takes a little more work to get it going (and then sometimes you end up with a little unused butt in your mug).

Top Bottom