What's new

Trumpers Almond

... I think I'm in love... is it wrong to want to marry a shave cream? :biggrin:

I tried this this morning - part of the Trumper sample pack I received - waht a nice shave! good lubricity, and a lovely scent...

I follwed up with the GFT cologne... my wife told me how nice I smelled this morning.... :thumbup1:

I just wish this stuff was not so expensive.

Barry

... I think I'm in love... is it wrong to want to marry a shave cream? :biggrin:

I tried this this morning - part of the Trumper sample pack I received - waht a nice shave! good lubricity, and a lovely scent...

I follwed up with the GFT cologne... my wife told me how nice I smelled this morning.... :thumbup1:

Barry

Lurve the almond sample as well. Its like someone splashed Amaretto all over you. Planning on putting an order in soon.

UPDATE: Shave plus 6 hours:

sitting at my desk, and little, gentle wafty scents of almond are flaoting around my head

:)

Would you say this was a strong scent? Are there any almond product that seemed similar or very different in strength / smell.

Thanks

It is NOT a super strong scent - Lou can perhaps back me up, but it is definitely almond.

Nice and subtle, and not super sweet / lingering / cloying... I REALLY liked it...I will have to talk it up with the wife and kids and see if I can drop a hint for father's day :)

It is NOT a super strong scent - Lou can perhaps back me up, but it is definitely almond.

Nice and subtle, and not super sweet / lingering / cloying... I REALLY liked it...I will have to talk it up with the wife and kids and see if I can drop a hint for father's day :)

Strong only when your shaving / mixing. Its not long lasting like cologne.

Smells very much like Amaretto.

Splashed some "Bogart pour Homme" after the shave. Smelled like a Bocce Ball (Amaretto and OJ) for the train ride to work. Great smell to have ...

Barry

It’s not really all that expensive considering how long a tub will last. Just be sure not to use more than you need for an optimal lather. Depending on your water, you may even find that using a bit less product yields an even better lather for you.

In my opinion, GFT creams are one of the very best on the market. Somehow, I find them to be a notch above their counterparts, including D.R. Harris, Truefitt & Hill, Taylor of Old Bond Street and yes, even Castle Forbes. A very solid choice for a British cream regardless of the scent chosen.

It’s not really all that expensive considering how long a tub will last. Just be sure not to use more than you need for an optimal lather. Depending on your water, you may even find that using a bit less product yields an even better lather for you.

In my opinion, GFT creams are one of the very best on the market. Somehow, I find them to be a notch above their counterparts, including D.R. Harris, Truefitt & Hill, Taylor of Old Bond Street and yes, even Castle Forbes. A very solid choice for a British cream regardless of the scent chosen.
I definitely concur with the gentleman above. I have more shaving creams than I will ever use. GFT are the best shaving creams I’ve found and I have Taylor, Truefitt and Hill,DR Harris, Castle Forbes(still can’t get it to lather worth a damn), Musgo Real and all the rest! I even like it better than MDC soap and I like MDC a lot.

The GFT Almond and TOBS Almond are pretty much identical with GFT being stronger and sweeter and the TOBS being more subdued and VERY faintly nuttier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom